The Discontinuation of File Host Sites)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TokyoShokio, Jan 2, 2024.

1. TokyoShokio

TokyoShokio Member

Katfiles will be discontinuing is there a reason why they longer going to be in service there was another well know file hosting site that people used to use as well i forgot the name of it and then it was Rapidshare and that one disappeared too off of sites
    i remember years ago Rapidshare was one of the most used sites now it disappeared on sites out of thin air that one used to be my favorite one i had so many premiums on that so i guess Katfiles is going to do the samething?

3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Exactly :no:

4. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

They could use something like mega, but then the uploaders couldn't make money out of pirated software, which is forbidden in scene, but nobody cares

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. TokyoShokio

TokyoShokio Member

oh i see i kind of figured it had to do with something about pirated software i just couldn't put my finger on what it was exactly

6. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Saint already said in the update that for now Katfiles is staying.

7. TokyoShokio

TokyoShokio Member

oh ok great i was getting worried because the only good one left would of been Rapidshare .... @Ryck if file host sites left how would we able to share our files here on Audioz ?

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

MEGA is no option, bcs you cant upload for free, unless you make every 20GB a new free account, thats a night mare to organize and keep track off. And why should uploaders pay money for you to download for free?! (real scene wasnt also free, you had to buy in with skill and releases and they used storage from FTP server, which they kinda stole.)

THIS!!!

9. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Think about this, how long has the sister site been one of the best places to get tools for music? There are very capable people there who have always known how to solve things, especially one. So they will always solve it, you can rest assured of that.