The Cure-ish fever.

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by notremid, Aug 26, 2017.

1. notremid

notremid Producer

Here's a work in progress from my failing HDD. Hasn't been mixed due to an ear infection. Let me know what you all think. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks and cheers!

3. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

The saturation is a bit overdone, it's a bit too loud and I kind of like it, but it just needs a bit more. As is, if it was cleaned up it could work for film is small bits.

4. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

Yeah, needs to be mixed, +1 on oversaturation, various timing issues on everything, the main bit can work as a part of the song (right now the whole thing is more of a sketch). The build up to the bass part was alright-ish, after that the arrangement got really boring and it's the same thing all over but in and out. I would develop on the main bit and completely remake re-record and rearrange the thing. So in short, the main bit is alright. Cheers.

5. What Bill Vk said, tighten it up, things are rhythmically off kilter. The saturation thing is a lot bit much also.

6. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Drums do sound like it was a last minute take and you forgot to quantize. Twice, like most beginner drummers, it comes in too fast and slows down immediately. Programmed drums can sound stale but at least it won't distract the listener with timing issues.
    If you try to ignore the drums, everything else seems in better sync?
    I like the reverb tremolo-y guitar tone but it does need something else sonically later. The lowest note is out of tune unfortunately.

7. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

notremid, the saturation problem some mentioned is not attributed to your mix as a whole. The problem is the arc chords are bleeding bad harmonics and have phase distortion issues. If you want to roll with the same patch/soundsource you need to do some surgical editing on that channel to cozy it up for the ears. Especially if you want them at the front of the stage the way you've got them now.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017