The cleanest brickwall limiter for mastering OSX

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by mercurysoto, Jun 16, 2014.

1. statik

statik Audiosexual

i cant help but to agree on psp, they have some damn good stuff that sounds amazing

2. cjw198433

cjw198433 Noisemaker

Best limiter I've EVER used ITB, and I've tried them all, is the AOM Invisible Limiter. Seriously. Do it.

Pro-L is great BUT I prefer the simplicity and euphonic quality of the AOM.

It kind of has a subtle "SSL" color thing going on... Dig it.

3. orgcha

orgcha Ultrasonic

I find it interesting that no one has mentioned anything about the stuff in T-Racks. I'm by no means a pro but I get a lot of good results there. IMHO.

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

100% agree with you. 1 of the studios I rent space from has it in it's rack and is one of the many reasons I go to them. I'm not too sure if the Native version is as good but I have been told so, Waves claims the two are identical. Others claim a clear difference.but I'm old school and prefer hardware and I don't trust Waves or "Others" but I do trust my ears and the L2 hardware is hands down one of the best units I have ever had a chance to use. Now as far as software goes.... Ozone pretty much covers all my needs

5. monochrom3

monochrom3 Ultrasonic

+1 for the Pro-L, especially considering the price and functionality...

6. RAIN_MAN

RAIN_MAN Newbie

Does anyone know when FG-X will be 64bit? Really miss it since my move from logic 9 to logic pro X.

7. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

For single stems, ableton is usually fine for me.
    For quick mastering I use Ozone5
    Waves L2 is cool as well.

In Live situation I use Ableton Saturator, soft clip, analog mode +0.5dB (to avoid latency) +eq to cut extreme lows and high

8. mileslong

mileslong Newbie

I think i am a typical musician. Kind of lazy by nature, also I need a deadline to do anything. I am always looking for shortcuts when I can take them. Purists may be dismissive, but here's what I do to master in Logic Pro 9.

I get all the audio as loud as possible at source, so the recorded signal is close to -2Db,(= no clipping).
    When it comes to mixdown, I insert Logic's compressor, 2:1 ratio, and Limiter (set to around-3Db output) on most individual audio tracks.
    On the stereo master buss, I stick the same two plugins, followed by Sonnox Oxford Limiter set to around -1Db, then whack on Izotope Ozone, to get the output up near -1Db.
    Shocking and lazy, I know, but it sounds pretty good to me:) I just try to use my ears and not look at the screen except to make adjustments. :wow:

9. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

I think you should focus your efforts on creating your music then, and let people mix your songs who actually know what they are doing.

10. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

:rofl: