The Burban Swerve *Audioz Exclusive

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by NeverenoghFun, Aug 15, 2019.

?

Was this track

1. Dope

66.7%
  2. Nope

6.7%
  3. Dont Care, Im not supporting your need for attention..

26.7%
  1. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

Best Answer
    No, high hats and 'esses' are ok, It's more lacking (low &) high end punch, freshness.. but that could be part of the style.
    Ah! I get it.. I read somewhere that when stoned, you'd hear more high frequencies. So you're compensating those.:invision:

2. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

Im gonna take that and start jogging lol

I do infact try for a more Analog sound, well as best you can in the box.
    But I use a lot of Saturations, BlackBox in particular.
    I have wrecked my ears over the ears so Hi Frequencies get me that crackle ear.
    So I probably do compensate for them lol Your right in the most smart ass kind of way haha

But nah, Love Slate Plugins, Black Box, FET's . Like the colors

3. NeverenoghFun

If anybody wants to give tips on how to achieve some of these things, like the High Low end punch Im a steady learner.

I DID add sub bass in and am much happier with the mix.

4. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

Ha, Lol.. Maybe I should just smoke a spliff and STFU..

5. Hi my friend!
    If I describe I'll be the bad guy because most artists want to receive the warmest compliments from their listeners for whatever they think about and whatever they make.

No one calls on and consults a music pathologist about his/her mentality about music. They fall in love with a genre or style of music by chance and don't listen to what other artists say about the probable shortcomings of their mindsets about music. They just want to produce more music in particular styles and achieve more deceitful recognition and respect. What can you say in this situation to that artist?:sad::dunno:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2019
  6. NeverenoghFun

Interesting point of view. I however am not one of those kinds of Artists.
    I stay getting better at engineering because I know I need to learn more, Same with my production and Song writing.
    As far as one particular style.. not so much. Im all over the place with the genre of what music I do.
    Me doing it all my self allows me that kind of freedom, also being eclectic as i am I can do anything from Blues, Gospel, Country, and yes Rap lol

Idk I feel people have very strong and wrong opinions about artists these days.
    Am I less of a artists then any one else?
    Those notes played came from my fingers, those words from my brain the craft of mixing came from 10 years of books .. yep book that kind of old.

Just try to have a open mind. I don't personally listen to metal but I still know when I hear a good metal song ya dig?
    Thanks for taking the time to comment though.

7. NeverenoghFun

8. NeverenoghFun

A thought to those old schoolers who look down on the digital artists.
    I can do what you do long before you can learn how to do what I do..
    Programming, Patching, Reading Music, Keyboards, Guitar, Mix engineering, Sound Design, Mic'ing, ETC ETC

I applaud the music of the old, it had a passion and emotion that probably wont get seen again. not because we play on computer becuase the human race no lacks that sort of passion.
    But a lot of you were 1 man with 1 instrument in a band with other memebers.
    A lot of you old heads play 1 or 2 instruments and you do it really well and it took you most of your life to achieve where you are with it.
    I learned 20 different things at the same time to make One song lol... just saying guys stop hating on the new generation of artists.
    We work hard, and there is a select few of us that actually build our songs from the ground up.
    Ive never touched a loop in 15 years of producing.. thats respectable man lol.

I love getting critisizm it allows me to find my weak spots and strengthen them.
    You can tell me i suck as long as you can tell me why.
    But saying random none sense cause you dont like todays culture well.. shut up brah lol

Brought to you by the stoner who cares.
    -N.E.F.

9. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Groovy baby :shalom:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I mostly agree with what you've said, but I think high-hats are tad too bright in comparison to the whole mix. Possibly using less bright high-hats, or brightening up other tracks a bit, would make everything sound more coherent. The bass is just a smidgen too loud, but the sub bass could use some enhancement. You could try using Waves MaxxBass or RBass for that. I would first decrease some ~120Hz with narrow Q and see what it gets you. The whole mix will probably sound brighter. Then add some sub with MaxxBass. Just my 2p. :)

This might sound like a lot of criticism but I'm surprised with the quality of your mix, actually. Really good. :wink:

Style is not my cup of tea, but that doesn't matter. I like good mixes of whatever genre, and one needs to praise people when they do good. And tell them when they do bad, too, so they could do better next time. :)

Cheers! :headbang:

11. NeverenoghFun

Fantastic review and with tips i will try them all tonight!

12. NeverenoghFun

You get the golden goose for helpfulness though.
    I can tell you ACTUALLY listened to this and gave honest answers.
    i haven't tried them yet about to start mixing in a minute but I just read your stuff again and was just impressed with the detail and depth you provided.
    Love when people actually give a shit lol

YOU DA MAN FAM!

13. flush with your foot

flush with your foot Platinum Record

now i understand what you wrote!
    thank vou for your answer.