The biggest obstacle in music production is thinking you're producing shit and others producing gold

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Nov 5, 2017.

1. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

blah,
    The biggest obstacle for music production is music industry :winker:

and for me, biggest obstacle for me is I have listened to so much music, that basically every tune I can think of, I remember as a song by someone else I heard :dunno:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

There are obstacles to music production nao? =) Only obstacle is technical know-how. But even that's pretty low bar. Ya just need to locate two buttons in ur DAW, record and stop. Everything else ya learn prolly overcomplimacates things! >___>

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

A real problem :( Unlike oil & pork bellies, music is not a consumable commodity -- stuff "capable of being consumed; that may be destroyed, dissipated, wasted, or spent." Stuff written back in the days never goes away, with moar quality bangerz added to the supply side daily, by *millions* of musical prodigies.

Producer/consumer ratio has never been higher (I'm guessing by several orders of magnitude), while recording/warehousing/distribution networks (Edison Records=>radio=>DAWs/interweb/shitcloud) make music made by a single person, on the other side of the world, instantly available to everyone. So no more demand for teh smooth stylings of Waldo & His Hicktown Orchestra :|

[​IMG]

4. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

The inverse often is a problem, too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I can only imagine,but don't expierence that anymore
    where there is demand there is no room for perfectionism.

weeks should have 8 days a day should have 26 hours, etcetc

The trick is to get your music out there where people actually take the time listen to it,
    soon enough you won't be looking at the compitition because there is room for all of us

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. spyfx

spyfx Guest

and the funny/interesting thing to me is that from Monday to Sunday is 6 days but from Sunday to Monday 1 day !

7. flashback23

flashback23 Ultrasonic

"more fx will fix everything"? but that's true man!

8. spyfx

spyfx Guest

@foster911 find the place in you that everything is POSSIBLE. :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. foster911

foster911 Guest

Ask these questions from the winner of Best Answer.:bleh: Our German brothers are the source of any kind of inspirations for making good music and the rest of the world is portionless.

10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

yes, indeed fine fine.

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

um, huh? how so?
    errors are not avoidable? what do you mean?
    you say "most of them are not" how are errors NOT avoidable say if a person used a method where from the time of blank screen till finished they made good decisions each one?( they didn't make a decision unless it was not an error) then if they wern't sure they learned what they need to BE sure

i mean if your jamming or improvising sure errors unavoidable( hitting the note too fast or slow sometimes) but i thought you talking about writing and producing a song?

foster911"instead of hoarding techniques"
    do you mean "learning how music actually works(what it is)?

why would anyone "hoard" techniques? wouldn't they learn them and immediately use them to advance themselves further than before they learned them?

so you think "sketching a rough idea forms" is making music? how so?
    i would called sketching rough ideas sketching rough ideas, and i would call making music,making music. the sketching rough ideas is before you start to make music isn't it that way for you?

foster911{like me that have produced more than 100 albums in these years.}

wow, i can't imagine the albums sales you must have. the record release parties, the number of album inserts and show flyers you had printed up damn.

foster911{never let people calling themselves master of art discourage you.}

i never heard anyone refer to themselves that way, and then discourage me.
    are you saying that one should make assumptions about what another person thinks?( that a person is thinking to themselves that they are a master of art?)
    how do you tell the times you make that assumption , and are correct VS
    other times you make that assumption and are incorrect?>
    (assumption being that person X believes that they are master of art)

foster911{ then complete it}

what is your definition of "then complete it" what does this process consist of ?
    what do you mean by the words" complete it"?

does "complete it"
    refer to the listener feeling that it needs nothing left done to it?

or does "complete it" refer to the writer deciding it needs nothing else done to it?

do you make music for yourself to listen to or for others to listen to?

when it comes to your spoken language should it be mostly errors too like writing music in your mind?

or should you think an idea and it just "comes out" because you built up how the language works?

so you speak your spoken language to other people or to hear yourself speak?

do you feel like, a person can read your comments and "know exactly what you meant" because you are so clear and concise? or do you think 99% they have to imagine what you might mean and be wrong most of the time?

here. something amazing for you. music that had no errors from start to finish. they just used the language of tonal music to write the music.
    the reason they used that was because there was going to be people to listen to it. they wrote with a method that could be understood by the listener. they didn't make music for themselves to sit by themselves to listen in the basement high fiving the mirror.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  12. foster911

foster911 Guest

I'm beholden to you for making such questions instead of making music.:bleh:
    The only exhaustive answer to all of your questions is that my composition is special to Foster. I can't go further because it's secret. Sorry my friend. You don't need any language or formal education for making music in my method. I know those languages but you'd just be wasting your breath because they're utterly useless.:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2017
  13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

thanks for the "enlightenment" brother.
    so you think all music is the same?

14. foster911

foster911 Guest

You're welcome.:bleh:
    No, they're not the same absolutely but for the music I love (processed music and more) it's respondent.

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

But in my philosophy, 99% confidence in the way you've chosen and 1% work (no matter hard or easy).:yes:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

just wondering how to be confident in making avoidable and unavoidable mostly errors.
    how to formulate and categorize acquired techniques, while at same time not "hoarding techniques and skills
    just wonderin bro.

17. sparkles

sparkles Guest

18. Boosire

Boosire Producer

Obstacles only become obstacles when you start calling them obstacles.

2deep4audiosex.

19. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Fair doos moosh, each to his own..............I've never had or will have a problem with the myriad of individual approaches to music, or pretty much anything else for that matter............vive la difference.......

Personally my own "way" has changed so much over the years and will most likely continue to....or at least I hope it does....I guess change is mostly affected by new experience and I just luv being immersed in that whole proces............what I'm trying to say is that the way we view music now may not be the way we view music later.

20. foster911

foster911 Guest

Man don't wonder. Please give me some time to develop them and write a book then you can buy and be well informed.:bleh: