The best stock plugins

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by aleksalt, Mar 12, 2020.

1. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Okay, we all are chasing for new "magic" VSTs in hope to make our mixes better...
    but what about the plugins that come with your DAW?

My main DAW is Cakewalk Sonar X1 and it has a lot of VST and VSTi and one of VST is a little miracle,
    and this is Sonitus Delay.
    It's very simple, CPU friendly and works for 5 from 5! You can apply it to every track (no matter insert or send), and your CPU will not notice it I use it a lot, even often instead any reverb

Also it's necessary to mention VST&VSTi from Acoustica Mixcraft Pro Studio, and those are
    XBass 4000L (it really improves bass sounds)
    Vacuuum Tube Triode Warmer (it's kinda saturator and transient shaper in one bottle)

And VSTi that is represented by Pianissimo, as for me, one of the best VSTi pianos.

Would love to hear your experience with your stock plugins,
    especially those which work in any DAW (some oldies but goodies are welcome too )

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. peezy666

peezy666 Ultrasonic

I love the stock effects in magix sequoia. I find myself using the eqs inside of it more then third parties lately. The eq in oversampling mode is fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Interesting...then I have questions:

1. The full title of that charming EQ
    2. The plugin packs in Magic Sequoia and Samplitude are the same or similar at least?
    I ask cuz I have Samplitude only from this couple

5. Frantiac

Frantiac Member

The ToneBoosters plugin suite included with Mixcraft takes a lot of beating. Quality with a ridiculously low CPU hit.

Aleksalt: Many of Mixcraft's 3rd party plugins (including the 2 you mentioned) are 32-bit only. If you're going to use them extensively then, if you're not already doing it, I recommend using the 32-bit version of Mixcraft.

6. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

I have a different take on this. It's kinda weird how in my process of writing music I went from a DAW that should give me anything to DAW that gives me nothing. I also started with Sonar X1 after trying FL Studio because I thought there were some of the most interesting plugins ever (got to admit I looked them up 'cause I don't remember their name anymore) at that time: TruePianos, Dimension Pro, Rapture, z3ta, the wonderful pro channel for quick editing, awesome interface... Tons of stuff+My stuff= Lots of stuff I don't use. Today is Reaper all the way. It is so naked you almost feel ashamed but it works and I don't have useless stuff anymore hanging around. I really cannot explain how or why it happened but I think the main problem were updates. I couldn't care less of x fixing a comma in y, checking if it was updated properly or not and so on and so forth. Today it's just basic stuff, every once in a while I update the Daw, only updated a set of plugins once and I am good to go. It is all about music as it should be.
    So to put it in words: Best stock plugins? None.

7. Boosire

Boosire Producer

I'm really fine with ableton stocks with a sweet bit of soundtoys fairy dust over it

8. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Hm, mr.Chopin, I think, you need 3 things only:
    piano, pen and a paper (to write down your ideas on the staff)...

PS. I forgot, you need one more thing: a bouquet of roses...for George Sand:)