the Best Piano for Kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by jandepora, Nov 23, 2011.

1. jandepora

jandepora Newbie

I just began with my piano lessons (finally!) and since there are sooo much sampled pianos for Kontakt I don't know which one can be the best to begin with.

I'm looking for a warm, realistic grand piano. Hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance :)

3. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Hi,

I would highly recommend you the Galaxy Vintage D piano.
    It simply sounds great, and with the included sound engine, you can realize any piano sound which you could ever need, in a matter of seconds.
    For me, my search for a virtual piano ended with this one.
    It has also a very acceptable price, should you consider buying it.

4. geiar

geiar Noisemaker

Also consider Alicia Keys Piano, specifically developed for Kontakt but don't disregard Pianoteq 2 (v.3 is out but not cracked).
    This is a new concept in virtual piano not sampled base.. a mere 30mb will give you an amazing sounding piano, and it does not need kontakt.

5. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Yep, that's about all there is to say about it, the Galaxy series and the Alicia Keys instrument are just about the best you can do :thumbsup:

6. jandepora

jandepora Newbie

Thanks! I heard really good things about the Alicia Keys one, but that GUI is, er, so GAY.

I'll take a look anyway ;-P

7. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Very gay, and MASSIVE memory load, the Galaxy ones are much more reasonable, but not quite as warm IMHO (hence the overall pink tone I guess lol)

8. gelido

gelido Newbie

I really recomend Alicia Keys Piano for kontakt , it souns very very good, but if you are taking Piano classes, you should consider having a controller with a very good heavy wiegthed keys, so it emulates the wight of a real Piano Keys.

Cheers

9. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Any suggestions?

10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

alicia keys for sure - its the best piano imo.
    and the size is ok for that sound u get.
    use the audio-p2p release the dynamics one will not work with version 5.
    nobody will look on the gui - every will listen to the sound.
    galaxy is to big imo.
    true pianos are awesome for synthesized pianos. and only 500MB with a few moduls.

11. budzmaster

budzmaster Newbie

I got the Vintage D last week, after a recommendation for that and pianoteq...

Vintage D easily blows Pianoteq away and is just simply awesome.

12. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Guys, it is called ALICIA'S KEYS.

Such a good title, and nobody seems to notice it. :rofl:
    ALICIA KEYS is the name of the artist, and the software piano is called ALICIA'S KEYS.

Alicia's Keys is a great piano indeed, but it has a very special, mellow tone.
    Perfect for certain things, but definitely not an "all-purpose-piano".

With Galaxy Vintage D, however, you can realise a similar mellow tone, but also a very bright, brilliant pop piano sound, and everything in between.
    If you have to decide for only one, I recommend the Galaxy, otherwise Alicia's Keys in addition, of course.

13. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

+1 Alicia's Keys
    +1 Galaxy Vintage D

Great sounds on both -- 'Keys' is a multisampled 'Yamaha C3 Neo', and the 'Vintage D' -- the 'Steinway D Concert Grand'

Can't say enough, both sound great. (Resource heavy, but rich in sound)

14. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

if you want realistic playing - Synthogy Ivory or Pianoteq 3 - for pop music you can use any piano - for classical nothing can beat Ivory

15. Alucard

Alucard Newbie

if you like the sound of an upright imperfect samples braunschweig cannot be beat(as far as I know) their other pianos are very good too.

16. creation26

creation26 Newbie

Hello all, how's everyone doing? So I saw Saint Ivory 1.6 posted and realize that I need the 1.5 installation before I could use v1.6 expansion. Can somebody please be so kind to upload 1.5? I did not felt like creating a new thread because I saw some people asking the same question on "best pianos" so I rather just type it here. If anybody can upload it I'd greatly appreciate it. Prefer rapidshare links since I have account there.

Thanks 1luv. ;)

17. mrmusic

mrmusic Newbie

I have Alicia's Keys and Vintage D. Alicia's Keys has a very Dark tone and you can tweak Vintage D to get really warm but I honestly use acousticsamples Kawai ex most of the time when I practice and start songs. It's my goto no need to tweak piano.

My link

18. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'm a virtual composer and use grand pianos a lot, especially in terms of sitting in an orchestral composition for scores etc.

For me, hands down the best two pianos for Kontakt are Galaxy Vintage D and the Sampletekk Black Grand. No question. Alicia's Keys is ok for poppy or average sound, but for an ultra realistic sounding piano, go for one of these two.

19. creation26

creation26 Newbie

hey guys, do i need ivory 1.5 inorder to install the italian expansion pack found on the audio.infoz page? I put all the ivory items from dvd 1-5 into a single folder and when i run installation it says cannot be open. wth! i tried to convert the files and they were in mac format. not sure if im doing it right. im using windows so why the heck it says mac format?

20. Turfstra

Turfstra Newbie

Better yet: Galaxy Vintage D and Alicia's Keys together: they're just a tad out of tune, which gives a great chorus effect. If you can spare the memory, it's a great sound! :bleh:

21. doxent

doxent Newbie

Kontakt seems not very good if you want to use it for piano recording (esp. Alicia's Keys). I record my piano in Toontrack EZ-Keys and then switch to kontakt (Alicia's or Emotional Piano) for playback because the latter one seems to have much bigger latency Ez-keys do not have. There is a slight hearable lag that comes very annoying. It does not matter in playback though.