The best and worst marketing tricks

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BEAT16, Sep 29, 2021.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Good example with Justin Bieber, define a target audience, so product marketing and calculate the odds, then create a teen star. Some fool will turn up, and you build him up with plenty of photo opportunities and a lot of press, so you invite journalists.
    Then you take some successful songwriters and pay a few studio musicians 4000 dollars an hour and the song is finished.

There was a time when all I read every day was Justin Bieber. Oh yes, he is a product with which money can be made. There are no trends, there are only made trends, thanks to the willing helpers, Bravo and other trash magazines. They all earn a lot of money with it. The target audience is young people because that's the demographic with the most money in their pockets.

The trick was to give yourself Grammy and not get caught. Wikipedia writes:

Bieber is one of the performers with the most sold records worldwide. He has received numerous awards and broken records in addition to those Grammy Awards: Among others, he has received 21 MTV Europe Music Awards and 23 Teen Choice Awards, each of which no one before him has achieved. Bieber also holds 32 Guinness World Records. In 2021, he broke the age record previously held by Drake for a singer with 100 songs released, all of which reached the main US chart.

2. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

The data are not entirely new of course.
    But I have always wondered what enormous public funds are used to promote this classical industry.
    Just think about Hamburg and its Elbphilharmonie with final building costs of 870.000.000€. For Hamburg the National Opera and the Elbphilharmonie alone cost 70.000.000€ each year.
    And that is only Hamburg. Every medium-sized city can afford an opera house or a philharmonic hall. And that for maybe 2% of the population who would voluntarily enter such a house.
    The few visitors who dress up as penguins and buy an annual subscription for 60 or 80€ can contribute next to nothing to the financing.
    This has totally decoupled from the normal population, but is paid for by everyone.
    Music promotion in Germany is already quite one-sided in favor of classical music.
    And I like classical music. But I would also be willing to pay appropriately.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

A professional musician recently wrote about his merits in the crisis. He can't make a living from CD sales because he only gets 1 EUR out of the 10 EUR for a CD. He was on tour and the ticket prices and CD sales brought in money that he could live on. In Germany there is an artists' social security fund where you can insure yourself cheaper.

That was real progress. In cities, if you organize concerts, there is a guarantee that you have to apply to the city in advance, so if you do an open air for the city population and invite bands, but not enough visitors come, you get the difference from that city again.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

Worst marketing trick ever : spending your resources pretending your product "industry standard" ... and ppl trust you :wink:
    To illustrate this, look at Protools "features" ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. droplet

droplet Rock Star

why does this work ? how did you know?
    is there a tracer?
    no like.:thumbsdown:no understand.:crazy:

6. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

It's just the torrent hash.

7. droplet

droplet Rock Star

The hash I have doesn't do that magik!

8. qiufavourite4

qiufavourite4 Newbie

I agree with you. It is the worst. In my opinion, when there is something related to marketing, the best decision is to use the services of a professional company. For example, SMM and SEO companies are the best decision. They have proven through time that their strategies are working and providing companies with many new clients. Also, Belkins.io can help you to find new customers. They are searching leads for you, so they provide your clients that are already interested in buying the services you provide.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022