The best and unlimited free file storage is not what you would expect (Telegram)

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by iCe!, Nov 16, 2023.

1. iCe!

iCe! Ultrasonic

You wouldn't believe...

Super fast and unlimited(?) file storage is actually possible with the Telegram messenger !

Create a private Group, upload files up to 1 gb each and even invite friends to share your files.

You can actually turn the group chat into a forum-like chat with topics and all that. Very cool. So you can have different topics all under a hood.

I discovered and use it as a perfect private online storage for all the stuff.
    I've already uploaded about 200 GB of data and there seems to be no limit. (?)

And the best is... Downloads are fast!

• Interesting Interesting x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

this is a very interesting topic which i've been following for a long, long time.

there are warez groups at telegram and indeed they do share files. the problem is that telegram groups are:
    heavily moderated,
    can be locked just by one single report,
    download speed without premium is veeery slow,
    you will loose all the files if your group or a user will get banned.

theoretically, iPFS should have been the solution to all our problems, but in reality it still doesn't work good enough to use it as file sharing service for AudioZ (for example).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

I've been using this method for a long time with my clients.
    After the project is complete, I upload the project archive to our chat and delete it on computer.

5. iCe!

iCe! Ultrasonic

yeah, making a public telegram warez group maybe isnt the wisest thing to do.
    i have most of the time no access to my home PC and NAS. So, I download stuff using a laptop and repack/rename all the stuff so its searchable by filename (=releasename) and upload it to a private telegram group. The telegram group for me acts like a dump / long time file storage. Only a few friends have access, who dont even download anything. They long ago switched to legal users and bought everything they need.

But. some old audiowarez motherf***erz still likes the look of a well sorted audiowarez release list. And some even must have their own copies, even when they dont use any of them at all. :guru: lol

I ask myself how telegram stores all the files. What I did notice is. If you upload a file, lets say "manufactor_product_1.0-group.rar", and you want to rename it. If you download it agian, then rename downloaded file to "proper.releasename.manufactor.product.v1.0-group.rar", delete old file from telegram and upload the new renamed file (to same group) again. Wait for it,... it may take a minute or two, but the filename will be "manufactor_product_1.0-group.rar" again. May take a moment.

Anyways.

Is it really slow for you? Thats strange.
    But now that you said that. Indeed it was slow until some time ago. Maybe try again. Maybe something changed.
    i dont have premium and its max. speed (50 mbit) here. But, maybe you consider 50mbit slow speeds if you sit on 1gbit line. lool
    Well, or maybe its because I use telegram proxies? that would be stange..

Anyways here is the proxies I use.
    I mainly use the once from digitaldesitance.dog depending on the PiNG.
    and RT proxy only temporary when all others are down.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. GeekedGlitch

GeekedGlitch Ultrasonic

Telegram tend to randomly block users and not respond to emails sent them.

I also want to remind you that Telegram (as well as VKontakte) is controlled by KGB (or, as they called now, FSB). They did a great PR campaign with these paper planes, attracting scum from all over the world. But you simply gotta check who Durov sold his assets to.

This is a question of basic safety; Russia is known to be toxic, so if you don't value your data - you're welcome, mayors Pronins will be glad to read it, LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

as any online platform, Telegram needs budget to operate, if you exploit storage feature, it'll add up runtime costs, and sooner or later inevitably spiral into limitations, just as any other social platform does
    :dunno:

8. BasedPirate

BasedPirate Ultrasonic

repackers of cracked games Fitgirl and Dodi have been using Qiwi . gg recently. seems like decent file host with fast downloads

9. iCe!

iCe! Ultrasonic

what in the world you have to do to get blocked on telegram these days? I see many, many things there. like crazy people, whole troll wars, like things you wouldn't believe. People get sometimes banned from chat groups, channel comment groups, etc.. But thats it. It goes on and on. I guess.

I'm not worried about FSB spying on my warez collection (would be bad to get me blocked because of that, tho) or have an idea about my personal opinions and thoughts. As a western citizen, I do not really care. May sound stupid, but i simply dont care. I have no problem with russia.
    I care more about my personal views in the western world itself. Because here i life and here it gets more and more crazy and here "they" (the authority) could take actions against me.

10. iCe!

iCe! Ultrasonic

thats actually true. now you make me feel bad about "exploiting" this. lol
    But all this was intended only for temporary use as i need to get my computer and NAS fixed/sorted.
    ...And while I kept uploading to telegram i noticed that there seem to be no limit and wanted to share this wonderful experience.
    And now you make me feel bad to even have posted this. Damn you! lol (joke)

11. iCe!

iCe! Ultrasonic

of course this also aplies to all other online file storage. like onedrive, googledrive, and all that stuff.
    oh and btw. with private data i dont meant personal stuff. that of course should be stored somewhere locally. with private i meant not to share/offer stuff to public.

12. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

@iCe! no need to feel bad, such evolution is inevitable, sooner or later people find ways :cool:

13. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

Today I got a call from Russian FSB and they asked me to delete all Massive and Sylenth1 presets from Telegram, they have already downloaded them and are storing them in a safer place

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List