The Avant Garde Project

Discussion in 'Music' started by phloopy, Sep 22, 2013.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Hi guys

I came across this website a few years ago, and after I had downloaded everything from it, I forgot about it completly - untill today! I can only recomment this outstanding website to all musicians and others who are interested in modern music!

Infos:

The Avant Garde Project is a series of recordings of 20th-century classical, experimental, and electroacoustic music digitized from LPs whose music has in most cases never been released on CD, and so is effectively inaccessible to the vast majority of music listeners today.

The analog rig used to extract the sound from the grooves is near state-of-the-art, producing almost none of the tracking distortion or surface noise normally associated with LPs.

The AGP archive is a repository for AGP installments, the files of which can be downloaded from this website. Looking for a specific composer? Try our alphabetical index.

NOTE: To the best of my knowledge, all of the recordings on this site are currently out of print. If you know otherwise, please let me know ASAP, as I would not want any artists to be deprived of the royalties they so richly deserve. Please see the AGP copyright policy for further information.

Link:
    http://avantgardeproject.conus.info/mirror/index.htm

Good luck :wink:

phloopy

3. angie

angie Producer

It seems a very good project... it's a pity that the time for listening to music is limited for me now :snuffy:

4. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Nice share, thanks phloopy. :mates: