The Age Of Individualism Coming To An End.?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Radioactive Fallout, May 12, 2019.

1. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

OH! Oive got a loverly buncha coconuttssssssaaa.

2. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Not every one have the same knowledge or culture, forums are good places to enrich one self.

No one is born with knowledge. Exchange , specially if you're able to be humble enough to learn from anyone, including the supposed to be less cultured than you, is the best way to go further.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

Everything is correct. But I did not criticized the exchanging itself but the methodic behind this, basically how some people try to achieve knowledge. And this is what separates the people from getting the sought knowledge from those who are not. :)

I have said this several times: I have no problem with people not sticking to the principles (when they do it for themselve :excl:). But if it's about learning, the fundament has to be clear at least to one person in the discussion. Otherwise it does not work. :thumbsup:

It is not random that the first knowledge someone gets by studying something is the history behind everything. This is the fundament. And this is where most people have the most lack of knowledge and therefore it is not implied into their methodic.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  4. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

"Nonsense" by Michael FOOLey :yes:
    He MUST read Hegel (or Husserl about intersubjectivity) and then he'll stop writing such a primitive nonsense (may be stop). It's very strange to me read this from a philosopher. :dunno:

What he calls "individualism" is a social thing. Absolutely. I want my rights to be recognized and I MUST recognize the rights of the others. It's an agreement between humans and sort of a law, so it's not an individualism. Individualism in its pure state doesn't know any laws. There are individual rights recognized by all (reciprocally) and there is an arbitrariness, these are different things, it's absolutely wrong to confuse them. :woot:

When "superhero" fight against "the evil" he doesn't fight for himself, he does it for others as he wants to be recognized (glory, gratitude etc.). He acts alone but like a social being and he is not an individualist. But Hegel wrote about it better than me.

Nietzsche was a hermit, it's right, but he thought for others. Not for himself. And he always wrote about groups ("aristocrats", "artists" etc.) and nations. His philosophy isn't individualistic at all. It's not a philosophy of a pure individualism (arbitrariness).

The society consists of individuals, they act themselves (as individuals) or together. We cannot avoid individualism nor "herdism", it's two basic forces that constitute our society. And those principles will compete and coexist one with other until the end of the history. :guru:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

^ This!
    I felt this on first reading of the OPs post & link, but wasn't clever enough to externalise it as concisely as you have!
    Well done, and thank you.

6. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

Thank you. :shalom:

7. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Charles Bukowski is my go to philosopher, poet and storyteller.

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”

8. farao

farao Rock Star

Best Answer
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. vkris

vkris Ultrasonic

OP is also not interested in this topic.
    He only starts the topic and looks at how he once again manipulated the members of this forum.
    And we all know who it is.
    "Almost no witch or wizard dares to speak his name, instead referring to him as" You-Know-Who "," He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named ".
    It seems that the "Dark Lord" F. has a special treatment here and that he is allowed to do things that others are not allowed.
    Are other members allowed to constantly open up new accounts and keep doing the same thing for the sake of satisfying their psychological needs just as Dark Lord F. does?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. You don't mean....

[​IMG]

Nutty Nigel?

12. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Nigel isn't a member, though he is a lurker, picking up some of his best bits from threads like this one.
    [​IMG]

13. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

If you think this member have been banned and has created a new account, please use report as this is not allowed.

14. farao

farao Rock Star

For what it is worth, I am also pretty sure this is Foster with yet another new account. 99,9%. I have never come across anyone who can come up with ”questions” like this.

15. I never had much of a problem with him myself, but assuming you're right, maybe jumping up and down and shouting "it's Foster, it's Foster" is giving him exactly the payoff he's looking for.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

that's too much reading for me, my dude

17. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

My inner philosophical demon told me that the individualism in this day and age has gotten a bit different. Kinda like we pick and choose, or rather we're being told what to be individual about and not, by news and social networks. If you want to be a successful[ly percieved] human being, you can be individual when it comes to picking your food, or simple things like that [film, music], but when it comes to serious shit that really matters [politics, environment, life philosophy], then you should better be a part of some pack or get stuffed. This is what modern individualism is about.

I don't believe there are many true individualists left in this century. We are becoming increasingly a true conformist society.

Needless to say. I do try to be an individual. A real one. A dying breed. :sad:

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  18. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Good call SineWave. It's a dualistic dimension at any rate. ie, night-day, man-woman, tall-short, digital-analog LMAO. OK I had to add the last one. But for reals. We are an individualistic part of a larger whole. Think of the many individual cells in your body that "conform" to make you. They are indeed individualistic in characteristic, yet conform to create a larger part of a sentient being. Don't forget the "bigger picture". That includes both (yes dualism again), the Micro, and the Macro. Let's push it to individual stars that make galaxies. OK I'll stop lol :wink: Wait one more. Without that individual oscillator within the 8 oscillator audio path, that patch would sound like crap! :rofl:

19. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I once met a guy in NYC on Canal Street that had tattooed down the right side of his neck the word INDIVIDUAL.

[​IMG]exxon mobil fuel stations

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List