the Acustica Audio thing... now on another u tuber

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ELJUNTADERO2022, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

agreed. the point for a lot of us to that r2r and others basically kill the ego of these mfers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Niels

Niels Member

They just care a lot about their products, imo. Is it stupid to build in 10 GB of "protection"? For sure. I was like WTF when I read that.

But I find it weird people are just laughing at them and hoping they go bankrupt now that they are cracked and "exposed". They were just trying to protect their babies, even though R2R stated that it was pretty easy. Just try the tools and decide whether or not you like them and be happy you get the opportunity to. I definitely like them and will continue to use them (even though I hope they'll remove the unnecessary stuff and give more priority to performance).

I would be mad and frustrated too if my product(s) get cracked (for sure if I were a very small company). I wouldn't see the benefit of what more "exposure" can do in the long run. For small businesses this could mean the end, but larger companies shouldn't care too much I guess.
    I think Giancarlo didn't have to act this way, but yeah.
    People react differently and sometimes make mistakes and/or say stupid shit. You can only learn from it I guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

WOW! I'm on youtube too! he citates my message)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Yeah that was weird lol. Especially since one of the posts he showed was mine

5. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

:hahaha::trashing:

6. Albert Seguir

Albert Seguir Noisemaker

please explain why? who do u think all this decades are making dmca requests? the "circle of nerds"?
    imo, the more people know about it going to generate more warez. everybody is not a leacher forever...
    all the teams and individuals who cracks the software for everybody to try says, if u like it buy it!

I think in long term by exploiting and letting people try expensive software is going to make the devs change direction
    to a better and more customer friendly deals. If not, they are the ones losing instead of gaining.
    now MORiA is also back :rofl:

7. AudioEnzyme

AudioEnzyme Producer

I guess I'm not the only one but I bought Nehula license over ten years ago, changed my email address later on and never got confirmation to use Nebula again..... 80 bucks lost without a trace.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  8. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Purely based on MANY threads here over the years...

UAD, SoftTube and other reputable plugin makers do not bloat their plugins unnecessarily people on here often state. If they have, it seems they take the trouble to de-bloat them within a period of time.
    Any developer whining and complaining about software hacking which has been around for at least 50 years, has as much chance of stopping it as any country does stopping a corrupt politician from getting into government. Most developers factor in their losses against their sales when making anything. If something does not work as well as intended, they change it.

Acustica has now joined ProStools' reputation with their overpriced subscription as a genuine rip-off company and GianCarlo did it to himself. I cannot help but feel that R2R was the bull and GianCarlo waved a red flag at it. :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

What pirates do nowadays is horrible: we should launch a gofoundme to help poor Giancarlo pay his rent and groceries

10. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

yeah, Im pretty certain he's one of us here. posting screenshots and such is.. uncultured ? in a way. he can talk about all the piracy whatever he wants but first rule of sister site is... you dont talk about sister site. that's just basic.

bro is sniffing coke on his 1 million dollar console and here we are sending $2 to him

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. DiRG3

DiRG3 Kapellmeister

Yeah thats a very respectable position to take imo. im sure many of them do it for the sake of reconnaissance, but for those who generally just accept the situation for what it is, I can definitely respect that.

12. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

We don't talk about plugin club. Second rule is we don't talk about plugin club. Third rule is if you don't know what plugin club is, it probably is a figment of your imagination.

13. TekZ

TekZ Noisemaker

So... Which one of you is Weaver Beats? No one is believing this 'friend of a friend' BS..LOL

You have a good channel mate. I watch it all the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. YungstarProd

YungstarProd Member

Did make some interesting points. Also a fan of him.
    The notoriety is brewing. :woot:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. evolasme

evolasme Producer

well trip out seeing AS post on YouTube an open message to Acustica... fyi i tried your software.... i tried the improved version of your software by R2R. some of your software is passable but the vast majority is garbage. i was curious so i decompiled some of your softs and my god man.. even as limited as i am at reading code your work is a hot mess. so please please please for the love of god ban me from buying anything you make. i would hate to be up late one night and in a drug fueled buying frenzy only to sober up days later and find i actually bought something from your company. i really appreciate you protecting me from myself.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  16. TekZ

TekZ Noisemaker

Sounds like you need - AA - Acustica's Anonymous

17. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

At this point i'm asking myself if Giancarlo will trip to Ibiza this new year party with EDM music clipped with Ash at the luxurious parties on Yatchs...

18. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. DonCaballero

DonCaballero Producer

Weaver makes some entertaining videos.

20. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Gosh, can't tell you how many times I woke up with an all encompassing panic and went on to destroy my hard drives, credit cards, passports, and one time even kill the guy who installed internet to my house...

I should definitely stop using Avid.