That Recondite/Mind Against deep techno lead

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Ztriumph, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Ztriumph

Ztriumph Newbie

3. Index

Index Producer

If you're talking about these plucky sharp delayed high notes and several softer lower notes:
    Saw with following envelope (see picture Env 1): really short attack (~0.5ms) 1-2 sec decay to -10dB sustain, about 1 sec release and pitched up by about 30 cents
    Then just a 12db/oct lowpass with automated cutoff (see picture Env 2)
    maybe some soft distortion or bitcrushing might help.
    Here is the tricky part. The cutoff frequency seems to be not only automated by an envelope, but also by the pitch of the note. So a higher pitch = higher cutoff frequency. Another important thing is the delay where the left channel is delayed by 1/2 and the right by 1/2Trip (not sure if the values are 100% correct).
    If you want to go even deeper in recreating the sound you might want to cut the side signal of the lower delay frequencies with a really flat filter.
    [​IMG]
    (If you've got the latest Serum build I could create a quick preset if you want)

Edit: Oh and if you're meant that wide Pad with the deep bass that's playing some seconds after that just play the sound I just described with many notes/octaves and layer the following bass below:
    Saw with unison, a highpass and no mid signal. you could either cut the mid signal or force the bass to be mono (while still being a stereo channel) and then rotate either the left or right channel signal phase by 180°
    But be careful because if you listen to the song in mono (try it with Elysium) the bass will be gone!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  4. Ztriumph

Ztriumph Newbie

Thanks for the detailed response! very helpful stuff, ill be running some tests tomorrow ;)

5. Icy

Icy Newbie

Hello. I am also interested in this sound so if you could maybe share the preset of this sound (i would be most thankful). Btw i will try on my own following your guide, but still i would like to see the patch so i can learn from it in order to make something new from this knowledge.

Also, for filter cutoff being opened when there are higher notes, i could use keyboard follower (or whatever is called) to program this (i dont know the name , but i think i could do it in theory in one of synths i have)