That Pop music tho...

Discussion in 'Music' started by thepopenale, Nov 8, 2013.

1. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Throw out some good pop albums.

In the Pop arena I love a bitta Take That, Adele, Justin Timberlake etc. Pop with some substance you know?
    Then again ill still get ma groove on to some Spice Girls if I hear it :rofl:

Just checked out Robin Thickes new one and its riiight good.

Ill never get tired of Blurred Lines, great song and DAYYYYYYUM
    Hopefully its not too saucy for the mods/members :bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  3. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

i only came here for tits. and as a non-moderator I APPROVEZ!!!

Nothing is too saucy for AudioSex!

I actually like Justin Timberlakes album justified...good productions in there...

as for pop though I don't really have much in the list...but that don't mean that all pop is horrible...

but I fucking hate Gotye though, the fuck is that shit!? Mountain Goats belong only in two places, the mountains...and the interwebz...

4. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Otherworldly babeilicous so she is!

My favourite JT track, just incase youve never heard it before.

Timbaland does a great job on a lot of tracks, but he cant help but get his stupid f*cking face into the videos... Dont get me started on his 'EHs' either :snuffy: Just stfu Timba.

I just got the 20/20 Experience so Im looking forward to giving it a listen. Also the JT medley at the MTV awards recently was great. Okay before this turns into a Timberlake appreciation thread, lets move on... :rofl:

I agree with that Gotye 'thing', utter poop.
    Ive no problem with a bit of cheese like Carly Rae Jepsen "Call Me Maybe" because its catchy as f*ck and just such a feel good, boppy track. Good thing Ive no hangups about being 'cool' eh? haha

Lots of current pop (Timberlake, Thicke) have great production in my opinion.

MOAR PLZ?

5. angie

angie Producer

Cinesamples Cinebra? :wow:

6. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

A great new pop song:

Also, great to hear a rock guitar solo in a mainstream pop track again! :bow:

From Lissie's new album "Back to Forever".
    The whole album is good, can highly recommend it.

But it's NOT R&B oriented pop, just keep in mind.

7. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

I thought it was a bit vanilla to be honest.... until 2:45ish, then it gets going and she has a bit more gravel to her voice.
    I wouldnt seek it out to hear it, but I wouldnt turn it off if it came on the radio. Contradictory fo sho :rofl:

Never heard of her before either!

Thoughts on Ellie Goulding?! Im not sure if I love HER or her music! I do like her voice though.

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

"Then again ill still get ma groove on to some Spice Girls if I hear it"

Damn right... good classic, addictive P O P. :mates: :dancing: :grooves:

9. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

I love Pop, even though most Pop comes with an expiration date, the songs are pure fun and require absolute expert musical engineering.

10. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

^ not really...depends on what kind of pop. Like I'd give it to Justin Timberlake's producers and engineers because those guys produce studio quality finnise with technique and style.

Many cheesy pop tracks are pointlessly formularised and they try to imitate already popular areas of music really poorly...

Plus let us not forget that many of these pop tracks have a personel of like 50 people producing an album for an artists and of course a budget of millions...

But that's not to say it's a bad thing...there are many pop producers like Darkchild, Timbaland and such that have such a great technique and style you can hear it in their music...

Like Darkchild has this very funky bassline and string elements along with snappy claps going around in his productions. And he has some wicked vocal compression technique...

Timbaland has his signature warped, stuttuered and granulised vocal style where he would turn vocals into plausible percussion elements SOUNDS AMAZING, and of course let's not forget about his digital vocal scratching technique...

One track I really love and too lazy to see if I mentioned this before is JT's track 'Like I love you'. MAN SUCH A GOOD PRODUCTION, from composition, engineering, timbral engineering, structural engineering everything it is a bomb ass high quality track!