Thanks R2R

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by root, Jan 1, 2021.

1. root

root Member

First post, signed up just to send my heartfelt thanks to this group for releasing the SSL native plugins and SD Fresh Air. I am most likely going to buy both after a month or two of using them daily.

SSL I'll be buying anyway but this release allows me to really work with these in depth and possibly omit a few (e.g. planning to skip vocalstrip, x-phase, flexverb etc.).

My God, that X-Comp and Channel Strip are p.h.e.n.o.m.e.n.a.l in every sense of the word. Too many snake oil plugins with shiny, slick interfaces and claims for great sound that actually sound terrible. These are on a different level altogether, I don't think there's much that comes close.

I've locked myself in for the next few days, thanks to you R2R. :wink:

• Love it! x 19
    • Like x 15
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Neflum

Neflum Ultrasonic

I got the SSL 2+ interface a few months ago and got the whole bundle of plugs included for 6 months, and I gotta say the X-Eq 2 has replaced Pro Q-3 for me.
    The saturator is nice for some quick drive, bus comp is the bus comp..

I haven't used the channel strip as much as I'd like, but glad to hear someone else thinks these are top notch.

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. root

root Member

I never really used the ProQ3 so can't compare, but am already liking the X-Eq 2 a lot, sounds lovely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Please, another thread about R2R. Read the title and don't change this to request section.

6. andeby

andeby Member

Had to log in just to send my best wishes and biggest thanks to everyone involved in making this drop happen! 2020 was a difficult year for many of us, and it looks like R2R took notice, and decided to bless us into 2021!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

bruh Im completly impressed, soothe 2 and ssl, holly god, 2021 is starting freaking great

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

only one of the things that i was wishing for (no requests) was provided, but some really amazing things that i did not think were even possible came to us instead. my hat's off to r2r on their prodigious display of generosity. incredible!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

Thank you from the depths of my heart!
    Much appreciated what you have done all these years for us, the hobbyist producers all over the world with no income from music!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  10. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

I think we should also give a big shout out to DECiBELLE who must be exhausted creating all those posts.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  11. Mister Grimm

Mister Grimm Kapellmeister

Im really speachless!!! This wave made up for my year, i could not afford anything cause i lost my previous job due to covid .. almost a year unemployed (at monday i start at last working to my new job) !! A huge, bold THANK YOU is not enought to everyone involved to these releases !!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart !!! Happy new year everyone !!! Wish you luck and be healthy !!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  12. Jayster

Jayster Kapellmeister

R2R are making history right now - they definitely are!! I will be telling my little kids of these glorious days we all are witnessing right now once they're grown old enough.

Join me in congratulating R2R for all of what have to for us musicians over these years, their incredible hard and dedicated work in best spirit of Radium, ZONE, OXYGENE and others.

Biggest THANKS and utmost RESPECT goes out to Team R2R !!!

• Love it! Love it! x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

It's honestly a rollercoaster powered by fireworks and pixie dust! I was literally overlooking a(nother) fireworks display from my window and couldn't (can't) take my eyes off the madness unfolding! There goes some more fireworks, I might watch these ones! :D

It's honestly difficult to know whether I'm even awake? David after dentist vibes...

14. vuuru_keg

vuuru_keg Platinum Record

im amazed and thankful for all the hard work they did.
    what an awesome way to end a shitty year
    happy new year yall!

15. R2RForLIFE

R2RForLIFE Newbie

I MADE A NEW ACCOUNT ON THEIR TEAM NAME ,
    YOU GUYS ROCK, amazing work never thought id see Soothe2 , ssl Kush and THE FUCKING SOFTUBE on same day .
    lOVE u guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. nenocloud

nenocloud Member

I have to admit, of all the things in the world, I never knew this would be one of the biggest reason for me to switch to a Windows PC AFTER i have decided to move to an M1 in 2021 lol. :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Boosh

Boosh Newbie

As R2R vaccinate us against zero warez, the healing begins!

18. uhub

uhub Kapellmeister

It's a secret message for R2R and should be read by R2R only.
    Thank You R2R :bow:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  19. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

There was only one thing I've rly wanted / hoped to try (the so-called "rando amp sims" here =) so Neural DSP was a nice surprise and more than enough - thanks R2R! This wave is difficult to get your head around, even partly. I've kinda forgotten most of the things I was excited about 5 mins ago as something else incredible washes over us!

20. scott

scott Kapellmeister

R2R have quite literally broken the internet this year....ive been around the warez scene for over 20 years and this is easily the most monumental happening, other teams have done amazing things in the past, but this year so much highly anticipated stuff delivered after a year of epic hardship for so many people has to be recognized, not to mention the fact they have defeated some of the most sophisticated , obtrusive and punitive protection schemes ever implemented

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  21. Nick12

Nick12 Platinum Record

Yeah, absolutely! They are doing crazy shit right now. Really appreciated and all my love goes to them and to all the people who are associated with this. They are also on another level in terms of skill. A lot of people can't do this. I can imagine this took a lot of hard work and time to do all of this stuff. Wait, or maybe not, because it's R2R. You never know. :)

I would like to send them something like 50 bucks as a donation in order to say thank you, but how can I do this and making sure it goes to the right people? As far as I know they don't have any details in this subject? Any ideas? I (We) need to support them, because this is absolutely massive. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List