Testing ChatGPT for potential sound design applications

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by 5teezo, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Computer and Internet were once "your jailer". People who were against or unfortunate to learn pc and internet are the ones most prone to scams and hacking attacks today.
    Jobs are transforming. Nobody knows where this will lead us, but it is happening.

You campletely misunderstood what a prompt based AI is. In future (some generations further), you may ask AI to add some life in the track. To be different than others, you have to specify everything to AI. That's how prompt based AI works. You have to specify what you need. Longer and clearer your specifications, more chances you will get better, unique and expected results. Your words will be your effects, instruments, voice, singing style, etc. Why would you need a plugin then.

chat-GPT simplified above paragraph for you:
    Imagine you have a really smart computer that can do a lot of things. But this computer needs to be told what to do, just like how you need to be told what to do by your parents or teachers. You can ask the computer to do things, but you have to be really clear and specific about what you want it to do.

Imagine you have a magic tool that can make your singing sound even better. This tool can make your voice louder or quieter, make it echo, and make it sound like you're singing in a big room or a small room.

For example, let's say you want the computer to make a cool song. You can't just say "make a song." You have to tell the computer what kind of music you want, what instruments to use, how fast or slow you want it to be, and what you want the words to be about. The more specific you are, the better the computer will be able to make the song you want.

So, just like how you need to be really clear and specific with your instructions for the computer, you also need to be clear and specific when you talk to other people. That way, they can understand what you want and do it the way you want it done.

2. Ankit

Ankit Guest

:rofl::woot:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. ElecTrick

ElecTrick Producer

Don’t you realize my friends that you are feeding the ia monster with a lot of information so it’s growing and growing every day because of that ? That’s not a good thing :dont:

Stop feeding the monster please :guru:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

In the past the jobs that went by the wayside or were supplanted by jobs that were/are made redundant were taken by another living breathing human being. Just over the horizen that will no longer be the case as those people will be replaced by robots. Even now the assembly line in a great many factories is staffed by tireless machines. Sooner than later humans will be redundant in most cases. Capitalism demands it. Bill Gates invisions food producing farms be worked by drones in sterile fields that produce dead food that will be processed and be devoid of living sustinance. I'm sure that the exception will defer to the wealthy who will be afforted the healthier food much as it is today though at a much greater scale skewing towards the higher echelon of the closed gated (pun intended) community. Gates today is the largest private land owner in the USA. He is not benign.

5. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Sci-fi publisher Clarkesworld halts pitches amid deluge of AI-generated stories
    500 pitches rejected this month and their ‘authors’ banned.

Hundreds of AI-written books flood Amazon.
    Close to 300 books written or co-written by OpenAI’s AI software were listed on the online retailer on Wednesday, 22 February, ranging from fantasy fiction to self-help and non-fiction.

And that's only the 500/300 that admitted to using OpenAI.

---

In a couple of years, there will be a decade-long stream of lawsuits alleging companies or individuals have used AI to create much of the content that made them rich. All of them will get off easily, because there is no such thing as a magic bullet, 100% watertight 'AI watermark'.

No amount of lawyers saying AI-generated content can't be copyrighted will change one iota about that, not now and not in the future. There won't be a global agreement on AI, much less on global persecution of 'illegal AI content'.

But I'd be much more worried about all the smaller gigs, the local opportunities, the 'get your feet wet', networking type of jobs.

Ten years from now, which small business is going to suffer through an hour of talking to you about their new logo, wait a week to get a preview, talk over changes for half an hour, wait another week for you to incorporate those changes, and end up with a product that still doesn't match their idea when they can just talk to an AI for 20 minutes, get a full press kit, including jingles and all, for the $7.34 you have to pay for AI-prompts??

Which indie game developer is going to wait 4 months for a composer with little experience to finish a soundtrack when they can get 10 tracks of equally average 90s 8-bit Metroidvania music in 3 minutes of talking to an AI?

Big businesses will always find that one superstar artist whose name will help move more copies, sure.
    But which small game developer, small movie studio, or small business is going to hire humans 10 years from now?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Just for a moment can't we just admire a future in which we exercise, fuck and just chill. :rofl:Let AI and robots do all the work.
    Monster loves feasting the internet more than your chat prompts.:guru:

7. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

I asked about clarity and definition on the mid range of a mix. The A.I. advised me about frequency masking, using eq to carve out the frequencies that i want to enhance or cut on each instrument in order to make the spectrum balanced and pleasing to the ear. Panning and mid side to take things out of the space of each element in a dimensional way, parallel compression of main elements to make them look in front of the others without peaking and adding distinction, A/Bing the same mix and referencing

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Thank you for saying this. One must work with ChatGPT (or any tool we use to create) as if it were a pliable clay, shaping and molding it in accordance with their specific needs. By simply stating "write me a song," one may receive a lackluster and uncomplicated response. However, by providing detailed instructions and working with the tool to convey the desired style and structure of the song, the resulting response will be more comprehensive, detailed, and refined.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I disagree. Technology has the potential for both positive and negative impacts on society, as seen in Nobel's invention of dynamite and the establishment of the Nobel Peace Prize. Similarly, ChatGPT is not meant to replace human experience or creativity, but rather to enhance and augment them. The key is responsible and ethical use, as the impact of any technological tool depends on how it is utilized. By using these tools creatively and responsibly, we can use technology to enhance our lives and achieve our goals. Ultimately, it is up to the user's personal responsibility and creativity to determine the impact of technological tools on society.

Throughout history, new technologies have often been met with fear and skepticism before being embraced by society. When the printing press was invented, for example, some worried that the mass production of books would lead to misinformation and propaganda. When automobiles were first introduced, there were concerns about their safety and impact on society. Yet, over time, these technologies were adapted and improved, eventually becoming indispensable tools for modern life. While it's natural to feel apprehensive about new technologies like ChatGPT, it's important to keep an open mind and consider the potential benefits they may bring. By staying informed and responsible in our use of these tools, we can help to shape a future in which technology is a force for positive change.

Understanding and empathizing with people or technology can help us overcome our knee-jerk fear bases trigger responses

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

This

11. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

Just like a Calculator..
    The interesting part is that this machine spits words,
    and language is the strongest thing we've got, which we use constantly..

Since we're a language based species
    this has a lot of possible applications, which we're seeing.

It's great that it can be accurate, and somewhat reflexive.

But it also has the same problem as language x10.
    Words are words, they take a lot of space, and time to read..

Words are good up to a certain level,
    but beyond that they stop being practical, and very soon you've got inedible bulky texts, word salads..

ChatAI is a superb and very useful tool,
    but we cannot let these AI fill the world/reality with endless word salads, we've got enough with our own trash!

Other uses of AI are becoming ever more defined/capable and interesting tho.
    Images, Video, Coding, Music, you name it.. :wink:

12. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Man, I HATE that this thing is so docile. If it could hold its ground, I'd respect it more.

"No dude, trust me, if you detune a single voice oscillator it will blow your mind, try it"

13. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Bruh, you can find this info on basically any "LEARN THE FUNDAMENTAL BASICS 101 EXPERT LEVEL OF MIXING LIKE BOSS AWARD WINNING PRO" type of article/video.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

It knows that Surgeons use Scalpels.

It doesnt know shit about using a scalpel... :no:

Same applies to everything else, it knows stuff, can categorize it,
    and can explain it correctly up to a very considerable degree of complexity.

But it doesn't really understand anything of what's saying :no:

That's why quite often it makes typos,
    and presents bogus info with all the authority.

But then you tell "him" it makes no sense,
    or ask to revise or correct.. and it will very quickly notice and correct/write it differently.

Which means it only has a certain depth or level of attention/time it puts to check things.

But it doesn't really learn from it, the next moment he could make similar mistakes,
    if not the same or worse..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  15. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

I got it in 10 seconds man. No article, no video. It's almost like downloading software from the sister site

16. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Dynamite progressed into Hiroshima and Nagasaki being destroyed and the deaths of hundreds of thousands, so let's hope not eventually Atlanta will suffer the same fate (or anywhere else for that matter).
    [​IMG]
    Boston Dynamics and others are creating machine armies and are weoponizing AI. Here, a cute little pet dog is fitted with a machine gun for (not) your personal protection.

This iteration of killer robot is still crude, but imagine if after using a warezed synth they painted a target on a musician that wrote a song about how truly scary the sick imagination of sick individuals willing to program AI wed to an unstoppable machine is and the nightmare it will become for disagreeing with a certain narrative.

Sure, technology can be amazing, but it is always weoponized, and in fact so much of this ground has been funded for the military who enjoy using their toys and are always looking for a reason to use them. The internet was created for security reasons for the military and has been a boon to us all and was supposed to create a utopia of sharing and ideas...until we became the product and are now categorized, all of our data, information and queries now feeding the machine that will eventually enslave us with or without human overlords. Like Dylan intoned, "It's Not Dark Yet But It's Getting There".

17. synths4grins

synths4grins Producer

I'm looking for a better job, and I use ChatGPT to write cover letters. The first one was amazing and very well written. But with each press of the regenerate button, my accomplishments got more impressive, more incredible. It described these amazing accomplishments, and things that I never did.

But I want to believe it.

I do believe it.

I did that, it must be true!

Oh no, it's begun...

---

Seriously, that's all true (except for the believing part).