Template - nanoKONTROL Studio in Logic through Kontakt

Discussion in 'Software' started by frostym8, Dec 7, 2020.

1. frostym8

frostym8 Newbie

Hi there,

I've decided to go for nanoKONTROL Studio so I could control expression, dynamics, vibrato and other settings with faders on my instruments so each fader could correspond to these settings: CC1 dynamics, CC11 expression and CC 21 vibrato. Obviously, I chose "assignable" from global settings and wrote scene data from the communication tab at the top

[​IMG]

Whenever I open up Logic I use this process:

1. Open Kontakt, load up instrument, remove its current CC1 (dynamics) because it is assigned to my keyboard's mod wheel
    2. Try to press learn, move my 1st fader which from the korg app is assigned as dynamics and then nothing happens!

I've realised there's a solution to do it in Logic using control surface parameters and learning these commands manually, however, this method is not working for me at all since I am using a routed template:

I basically use 1 Kontakt instance with multiple instruments and route them to Logic as aux tracks. Whenever I am assigning those settings from control surfaces it only affects the 1st track of the instance while the rest remain untouched - when I select them from DAW, keyboard responds except controls of nanoKONTROL

I've also realised if I leave CC1 on my midi keyboard and in DAW select different aux tracks through routing such as 2nd, 3rd other tracks in the same instance, they ARE being affected!

So the problem lies within nanoKONTROL for sure and I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong

3. James Rooney

James Rooney Member

Korg says in the Owner's manual: GarageBand/Logic Download the nanoKONTROL Studio Control Surface plug-in from the Korg website (http://www.korg.com/), and then set it according to the instructions in the supplied document.