Teenage Engineering’s R robot could be its craziest release yet

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by spyfx, Nov 20, 2017.

1. spyfx

spyfx Guest

“Emotional 6-axis life form” might be compatible with the OP-Z

Teenage Engineering’s product development strategy has always been a little unconventional, and its latest wheeze is a case in point. You could decribe R as a desktop speaker, but there’s rather more to it than that.

TE says that R is “the world’s first emotional 6-axis life form,” but that probably doesn’t clear things up for you. You might prefer to think of it as a ‘dancing robot speaker’ - it’s loaded with sensors and microphones, and uses artificial intelligence technology to react to a conversation.

We’re also told that R is capable of expressing feelings and emotions - which probably can’t be said of your current speakers - and there’s the intriguing promise of compatibility with Teenage Engineering’s forthcoming OP-Z instrument. There’s no word on a price or release date, but we’re guessing that R won’t come cheap.

https://teenage.engineering/designs/R

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

Dafuq? It's kinda the stupidest shit in the world and i kinda want one. And it's waving the speaker around? Lol. That's gonna sound terrible.
    I was going to say that a soft synth toy for thousand bucks is crazier, but, oh boy, was i wrong. And i bet this costs like 2 thousand bucks.