Techno jam with hardware synths

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by zero-frag, Oct 28, 2019.

1. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

Hello,

I usually produce and I'm not much of a live player but I thought I'd try to "jam" live with some of my hardware synths.

Made this little repetitive techno jam. Feel free to comment and provide feedback.

I realize it's a bit repetitive and lacks some movement/variety etc.

I'm thinking of getting something like an Ableton Push in order to quickly launch little sequences/drum beats etc. cuz it's a bit difficult to manage several instruments at once :D

If there are any experienced jammers with hardware synths, I'd love to hear how you do it,

Cheers

3. hayabusa

hayabusa Producer

Nice...really like the ambience!
    Maybe more than a push in such situation,I would recommand you to have a closer look on the APC 40 Mk2 instead...just an idea...and regarding what I have seen on the others guys jamming is they most of the time have this thing from ARTURIA...BEATSTEP pro...
    check this channel of this block...amazing in jamming with gears....

4. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

You don't need an expensive Ableton push to trigger sequences. You could do it with a simple and very cheap nowadays Akai MPD32. 16x4 triggers should be enough. :wink:

I find MPD32 an incredible workhorse for live jamming and recording rhythms and sequence triggering in general. I could even DJ with it. :) Great little investment. Got it for like 60 euro. Unbelievable. :wink:

I feel like you've underused the whole rig a bit. Especially MS-20. However, you've made what you like and enjoy. That's the most important thing IMO. Too short. Reminds me of Orbital. You should take this further. Record it properly, arrange, and there you go... :wink:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Yes. Feel like there's more Rock coming on.
    Good feels, brother.

7. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

novation pad..how is it called again..launch pad...

8. scott

scott Kapellmeister

to the op, its basis of a really good track, its builds to something that doesnt quite appear but its almost there. If i was being picky i would maybe say that the volca beats is the weak link, ive never been a massive fan of its core sound but you do manage to utilise it in a fairly tasteful manner. I see you are currently considering the ableton push, whilst this is a good device, you may also wish to consider the squarp pyramid, its a bit more pricey but is a much better sequencer and would allow you to perform without the computer altogether. Theres a really good documentary (link below) where sunshine jones discusses amongst many other things his use of the pyramid on his live tour. Its a really good little film about an artist coming out of retirement to reconnect with his audience, new technology and being on the road, i'd recomend it to anyone.