techno anyone?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by randomtask, Jul 20, 2017.

1. randomtask

randomtask Ultrasonic

Hey peoples thought i might give a go at some technoish stuff. feedback please :)

Cheers

3. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Nice! I loved the semi-drop on the intro followed by the real balls crusher at 1:02. Excellent. :yes:
    Got any more?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

I wouldn't release it on my Labels, but it's well produced... :wink:
    Also, that's not Techno :no:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

It isn't bad, not my kind of techno, bu not bad.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  6. randomtask

randomtask Ultrasonic

cheers for the feedback

7. strangeranium

strangeranium Ultrasonic

Rather well produced.
    I like the progressive natrure of the track, which has me wondering if it would be more suited to the genre classification of Prog House.. ?
    I do not actually listen to prog house so it is a guess on my behalf.
    Your track shares some sound design elements and rhythm structure of what they call 'minimal', so when you say, 'techno-ISH' I think that is fair enough..
    ie NOT techno but similar, or influenced by it etc etc..
    In the end, I think we should care less about genre and more about quality of music, regardless of some arbitrary classification.
    While this may not be my cup of tea with regards to techno, I think there would be many many people who would regard this track as quality music for the dancefloor.
    It is better than the poorly mixed track of Avicii' latest, about which I saw a thread on.

8. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

The track has potential. But there are some points that I would do differently.
    First, I don't like that kick. At the beginning when it's filtered, it sounds boring and the distortion is not very nice and later on it's much too boomy and loud. It dominates the whole track in an extremely unpleasant way and leaves no space for the other instruments which are partly quite nice. :)
    Also you should alter that voice kind of percussion sample a bit during the track. It always sounds the same which gets kind of boring.
    Everything else is fine or I haven't listened to the other elements intensely enough because of that kick. ;)

9. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

EDM?

Nice Track BTW :wink:

10. randomtask

randomtask Ultrasonic

yea i wasnt to sure what it comes under thats why i put it as techno ish lol also i just started this type of music so im just going by feel. thanks for your feedback people. I tend to push my kicks and bass a little to hard from time to time and looks like i may have cooked it to much on this one. to be honest i didn't think i would get any positive feedback but you guys seem to like it so thank you. if anyone has anymore suggestions please let me know good or bad.

Cheers