Tears for Fears Shout Remix :)

Discussion in 'Working with Video' started by alpha3, Oct 2, 2015.

1. alpha3

alpha3 Kapellmeister

Hi Good People :) Just finished my latest video remix :) Many thanx for the comments on the last one. And please keep them coming. Positive or negative. They are useful :) Have a great night people :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

I´ve take another glas of wine, take my headphones and make volume high, before i start your vid.
    ("in violent times you should´t have to sell your soul")
    I realy enjoy it, good work, thanks! :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. alpha3

alpha3 Kapellmeister

Cheerz Lemmy :) Much appreciated :) Have a great night :)

5. spencer26

spencer26 Platinum Record

What a load of crap. How can you abort such a great song. Tears arrangment was why you heard the song in the first place. With your abortion the song would have never got anywhere. Just leave the greats alone and put your ego away.
    If you try and make a classic your own at least show some of the original sounds. In this case it would be the kick and snare from the drumulator rock kit.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I really enjoyed the variation in synth sounds. They fit very nicely. If I had one criticism though, I was a bit disappointed with the drums as the original had such a distinct iconic drum sound. Also there wasn't much variation of drum patterns. Other than that, great interpretation of the track.
    Well done.

7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I think you will find the word you are looking for is aberration. Abortion is used to describe a terminated baby for example.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i enjoyed it. it all seemed to fit together well. i don't think it was as creative as some of your past efforts. but this is the first time i can recall that you didn't try to reggae-ize the song.

9. spencer26

I was around in that period recording and mixing music. It was really hard work.
    For you to come in and take the vocals is well....
    As somebody else said, the drums were iconic and you missed that. If you searched you could have found where those drums came from.
    Lets see how clever you really are. Write a song. Do the arrangement. Do the vocals and then do the mix.
    If you can't do as good as Tears for Fears get a dayjob.
    Spencer (cranky old engineer)

10. It's OK. The thing with the drumming is that the song has distinct points where the introduction of strong beat with hard bass makes the emotion of the song work. 1 minute 5 seconds in for example, you should hit hard and low at that point, and where the motif recurs.

Essentially good work well made. Work on the words with a song.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. oelalmas

oelalmas Member

12. grabme

grabme Kapellmeister

Harsh but pretty true, however I don't think he was trying to compare to the original artist, more like what do you think of my interpretation which is aimed at a younger audience that never grew up with the great 80's sound so their expectations are completely different. Name ONE modern artist that can compare to TFF because I cannot name one so should they all get a dayjob? Probably!

13. alpha3

alpha3 Kapellmeister

Sorry you feel that way Spencer :( I love the original like most people. This was only a creative project. That said everyone else seems to love it :)

14. alpha3

alpha3 Kapellmeister

Cheerz :) Much appreciated :) I take your point about the drums. I worked hard at them but couldn't quite get it to really kick. :)

15. spencer26

There is so much young talent in this world that needs a break. Ripping of previous great successes is just plagarism. I do not appreciate passing judgement on rip off artists as relevant to the great talent that remains hidden on our planet. Give real talent a break not used car salesmen.

16. alpha3

alpha3 Kapellmeister

:)

17. alpha3

alpha3 Kapellmeister

Respect :)

18. alpha3

alpha3 Kapellmeister

Yeah I was trying to go for a different feel to the reggae. I'm still living and learning. So hopefully I'll improve :)

19. spencer26

Well its simple if you have real talent do something about it and create something original. I and many others would feel very good about helping real talent and somebody really trying. I would rather somebody get something original wrong because you have somewhere to go from that point.
    But ripping off a standard like TFF only makes you look cheap compared to the original.

20. alpha3

alpha3 Kapellmeister

Hi Spencer :) Love the grumpy engineer :) Your points are valid. That said I am just experimenting with ideas. I do write original stuff with my band amongst other people. Yeah it's not easy but it's enjoyable. And a lot of other people seem to enjoy them as well. So if I can entertain. Job Done :)

21. alpha3

alpha3 Kapellmeister

Many thanx for your comments :) Point taken on the Drum and Bass interaction. I need to do better. :) have a great day :)