Team R2R's Message

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by malco, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

just ask SAiNT why not post it in the encryption tool post , thats the simplest thing , i also dont know why people think that R2R or any other Group are forced to give feedback to anyone .

you forgot that in the scene teams needs to stay safety , and also scene releases is or was not even meant for public

2. farao

farao Rock Star

I think you should read the thread before "answering". Saint himself is asking the same question about where to post encrypted messages. "Why not post it in the encryption tool post?" Well, sure I could upload software somewhere and encrypt the adress in a message and post it in that thread, but I really would like to know how R2R will find it so that my contribution is not wasted. Nothing tells me that they R2R even know the tool is posted on Audioz. I fail to see how your remark about forced feedback makes any sense in this context.

No I did not forget that. But please enlighten me: How would for instance an acknowlegment to Saint from R2R on where to post the messages adventure anyones safety? I'm looking forward to your answer.

Your remark that scene releases not even are meant for the public makes no sense at all and makes me think you don't even know what actually is being discussed. Do you realise that what is being discussed is how to contribute TO R2R?

3. dadgad

dadgad Kapellmeister

@Fargo
    I agree fully. I've posted stuff at Audioz (for R2R eyes only) and never received any feedback. So I still don't know, was it considered to be crap, redundant or did they never ever decrypt it and "see" it? Then there was a second option, encryption for the "elite". But who are the elite? And now that the reshuffling at Audioz has taken place one needs to be careful since the "elite" who have been demoted would still have access to the decryption algorithm.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  4. Slider

Slider Producer

I've been pondering over the questions of where to send messages and just want to share a couple observations. They may sound stupid but just caught my eye.

In both the Readme & .nfo files included in the encryption tool package, the exact wording used by R2R clearly states the first time "You can even post the encrypted text to the public place safely". As written, this implies to me a specific existing place. Twice more it's only referenced as "Post your encrpted message to public place", not "a" public place, or just any public "places". Not being an insider as much as some here might be, does that mean anything to anyone? Does R2R have a contact page, web area or mail drop as some of the groups I've seen do? Also consider English is probably not their first language & it could just be arbitrarily the way it was written, I don't know!:dunno:

Reading through the many comments In the encryption tool post, I saw the following comment:
    I don't know in what context rico88 meant that, but maybe he could shed some light on this subject if in fact he used it as intended! SAiNT??

No disrespect intended but not sure you're reading it correctly. Again, in R2R's own words, they explain the second option as:
    * Encrypted text can be only decrypted by groups.
    * 2. Run *.exe. (r2renc : Only for R2R, grpenc : Some groups incl. R2R)
    * Unless RSA4096 is factored by someone, no one can decrypt message except us
    * TEAM R2R 2015 and Some Fine Groups
    I would just offer that I seriously doubt they would share this decryption algorithm with some mods at this forum since according to SAiNT there is no connection between R2R and this site. My understanding is the tool provides secure one-way comm to them only, so what would be the point?

Just thought I'd throw this shit out there and see if anything sticks! Cheers!

5. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

The History of R2R

i didn't know they were built out of the ashes of Assign what remember though was there still were a few groups still putting out stuff at the time and R2R would either dup a release or there cracks were just bad so much so there was talk of blacklisting them. but slowly but surely there releases got better and eventually became one of the top groups. i for one am glad they stuck around and continue to release. a few of their releases i have since bought legit versions of which i prolly wouldn't have if i didn't get to play with it foe an extended period of time.
    so thanks R2R

6. dadgad

dadgad Kapellmeister

@Slider
    Thanks for clarifying! :wink:

7. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

I think R2R is one of the member and reading all comments about them. :unsure:

8. z3r0

z3r0 Ultrasonic

LOL Was that your first time reading an .inf file? They have been putting that in there .inf for years. The most important part of the above quote from the R2R inf file to me is,

"And middle finger to the people who make money with our effort".

To my mind that is a middle finger to those that "HOG" releases and make them available exclusively through hosting sites where they can "make money" from download quotas and traffic. I guess R2R had enough of this and have gone internal. I remember a time when torrents were the only way to get releases and that sharing was the true spirit of the community. If your torrent ratio sucked then you couldn't download anything until you fixed it. Bring back torrents. Oh but wait, there is no money in that.

9. z3r0

z3r0 Ultrasonic

Could you provide a link to that sister site bro? That looks strangely like it was lifted and reworded slightly from an old Air interview.

10. Psychoacoustic

Psychoacoustic Producer

Torrents? You mean FTP bro?

11. z3r0

z3r0 Ultrasonic

Yeah that also :) Bring back the good old days!

12. DCT68

DCT68 Noisemaker

to z3ro : if you are right, it only can confirm what I suppose in reading all those R2R and conspiracy threads : "someone (or some) wrote in the name of R2R so we believe they are retired or went "internal". Just take a look at "audio.museum", there is some interesting fresh but private stuff.
    Sorry for my bad english ;-)

13. DCT68

DCT68 Noisemaker

...and after all is the famous "Encryption tool" really provided by R2R themselves? Or a way to intercept your contributions and requests ?

14. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

yeah, i believe members would appreciate a few screenshots at least :yes:

he must have meant AudioZ :dunno:

15. Seher

Seher Newbie

What is audio.museum ? Never heard before

16. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

What I saw is just online store

17. Crater

Crater Ultrasonic

R2R, if any of u guys is reading this... Thank u sooooo much, for all those years... :thanks:
    «I'm sorry for not follow the "comment chain"» :metal:

18. DanteUruzu

DanteUruzu Kapellmeister

audio museum

Edit: Posted a link to the site. I forgot linking to warez is not allowed. Sorry 'bout that! You'll have to google it as Herr Durr said.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  19. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@Seher believe he is referring to krock's site.... google is your friend

20. databaze

databaze Member

Simple really, they do it so you can try the software before you buy it. At least that was the intent back in the day, I've been around since the 80's & 90's and I can tell you things have changed a LOT in the audiowarez scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.