Tascam MX 2424 hd, experience anyone?

Discussion in 'Studio' started by clone, Nov 28, 2022.

1. clone

clone Audiosexual

Hey,

I was hoping someone here has worked with this older device before? I can read some googled information, but I have some more specific questions about the unit; maybe someone has some extensive experience using them? The usual, what to look for, expansions and cost, dependence upon external gear? Current prices vs Actual Value.

Anything helpful please is great. It's for someone I know.

Thank you.

3. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

Best Answer
    I read some users' reviews about it, they say this device have several problems:

- Really noizy, the culprit here is the fans, and also the old mechanical hdds, so better reserve it for live events recording than (home) studio.

- Technology-wise it's completely outdated, nothing comparable in functionalities to a simple comp + audio interface + a good DAW.

- No more manufactured since very long time (difficult to find the components for maintenance), this model have been replaced by the DA-6400, more adapted to our modern area, and above all completely silent.

[​IMG]

4. julianbre

julianbre Producer

It depends on what your use for it is. Nice machine for its time but... Outdated converters and good luck finding parts. I've seen them go for around $600.00 - $1000.00. For a little more money you can get a used Radar system if this is really the way you want to go.