Tangerine dream bass sequences

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by nikon, Oct 22, 2013.

1. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Ok, I record playing with Live + Thesis, synthesis with Analog etc... in search of Tangerine dream bass seq sound.

Earlier I use arturia stuff (modular), but now I'm intrested in how to get that sound with Analog synth in live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odT_QZTYvO8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSG92mIHxrfi6gy95yiORSw

This is my first capture on win machine and I use free CamStudio for this purpose, so it's test for capturing too :)

3. urOk

urOk Member

Interesting, but f**ck I hate Ableton :rofl:

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

That's awesome nikon, I really like Tangerine Dream and I know SAiNT does too. Thanks so much for sharing. :mates:

5. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

:thumbsup: :grooves:

6. Horsemen

Horsemen Member

I am more a klaus schulze fan but TD is ok

Thanks

7. angie

angie Producer

I like a lot TD but after Ricochet they became less and less interesting in my opinion! I also tried to reproduce that sound but today vst's have a lot of high frequency content and the plate reverb sonority is so difficult to achieve! Remember also that they often changed signature in real time (ex Phaedra). I always think that "tutorialists" spends too much words... but you are on the other side!! Thanks! :snuffy: :mates: :bleh: :rofl: :wow: :rofl:

8. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

thanks

9. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Nice, reminds me how nice Live's Analog can actually sound. :wink:

10. Alraun

Alraun Member

I like more the old stuff played by the "original" band (Froese, Schmoelling, Franke).
    Since TD has become a family member business, the music has changed. It has become flat and catchy.

I get nostalgic feelings, when i think about their LOGOS concert in the Seventies.
    I was in my puberty and TD has been the second concert visit in my life. The first concert was Klaus Schulze.
    This kind of music was new, revolutionary and exciting that time.
    The Berlin Time in Germany and the following years had become a mile stone.
    It has influenced many young beginning musicians. I personally owe those artists a lot. *yes*.
    These vibrations were the initial spark for my own and still ongoing preference for Ambient music. :bow: :bow:

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Certainly not what they were so long ago but you can still catch a glimmer here and there. Enjoy this track with a great name soon to be in my Transmissions series:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwY2BxSwSKE​

12. angie

angie Producer

Hey! wandering in the net I've found this

13. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Today, I continue to play with this lines...

This video demonstrate Thesis pattern play option primarly. Beside of that I include synth line and randomly choosed loop just to have more elements and see how it sounds in mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBrNTuQx1rk&feature=youtu.be

Video is now captured by Screencast-o-matic, and I don't know which is better (see video on top).

As I said before, best screencasting I see is on my macbook (quicktime).

14. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

By the time I started producing I must admit I never heard of Klaus Schulze (I was a fascinated by Kraftwerk as a kid though, my first music cassette on my small battery driven mono tape player was "Autobahn" (besides fairytale and spooky audiobooks of course *yes* ), but as I discovered him I was impressed to hear the origins of music which was much later called "Ambient" and "Trance". He also invented the genre of "Psychill", of course not alone, but it's quite sad that kids of today have no clue that the roots of their music goes way back to the seventies and guys like KS who still produces one album after the other. :wink:

15. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Everything good in music came from 60's and first half of 70's... that was the years of truly music (+drugs :) )

It's not coincidence that today musicians use early soul for sampling ...

16. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Third chapter in serie :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi-XyHiMFbI&feature=youtu.be

Here I'm avoiding Live's Ping pong delay and use Waves H-Delay... sounds great and better then Live Delay !

Also, for the taste I use mellotron sound from Nostalgia library.

Great thing is Live's Sampler, use whatever you want to make whatever you want :) Playing with ambience sounds in sampler + Live's grain delay + Vallhalla Vintage verb plugin.

I'm filtering loop with SoundToys FilterFreak...

Fun fun fun... I can all night long like this :)

17. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

I can fully understand, sometimes I like to start an complex arp with a nice analog sound and different chords, filters and delays open and closing and fiddling around 20, 30 minutes like Klaus Schulze does (of course he is the master of long evolving improvised-sounding Berliner Schule songs). :dancing:

18. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thanks so much for sharing nikon. :thumbsup:
    If others would be willing to get involved I would consider another section for you guys. *yes*

19. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I was lucky to have grown up with a desire to seek out all awesome music wherever I could find it. I used to come over to my friend's house in 3rd grade with The Art Of Noise, Kraftwerk, Schulze and other more obscure artists. Then when I got a few years older than that I would hang out at underground music stores all day long, fun times. Music for me isn't a choice, it's always been a lifestyle. Anyone interested should drop by the Transmissions series, always great new music to check out there.

20. LV-426

LV-426 Newbie

Nice Video captured With © Screencast-O-Matic :thumbsup: :wink: