Taking a break

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigcat1969, Oct 17, 2014.

1. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

I'm having some physical issues with my arms and shoulders (soft tissue damage, it will heal) and a bit fried mentally, so I'm taking a break or at least slowing down a lot on instrument making. Thanks so much to everyone who has tried my little instruments, all the folks who made a gave away all these PD and CC samples and the cool folks I've collaborated with. Thanks Matt! Thanks Audiosex, its a fun and wild and wooly gang here. The internet equal to a wild west bar, you never know what's gonna happen or what they put in the drinks but its always memorable.

My two basic goals were to create a Kontakt instrument for every one of the 128 GM sounds, with over 350 Kontakt instruments that is covered, and to create totally free VSTis of orchestral and band instruments for folks just starting, done thanks to Sonatina samples and others in Maize.

Hopefully I've contributed to the community and been a positive type, though I've certainly made mistakes in both instruments and words that I would like to have back. Anyway I hope I've made someone's music better somewhere along the way.

:break: bigcat

Every Kontakt instrument I worked on
    http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.com/2014/08/gm-midi-instruments-for-kontakt.html

Every Maize VSTi I made
    http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.com/2014/09/bigcat-maize-vstis.html

3. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

Get well, man. We'll be here waiting for you to come back.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work and helping out this community.

Take your time :mates:

4. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Thank you bigcat1969,
    you`re just amazing! All these free instruments ... it`s incredible, incomparable ...
    I`ve been thinking many times what a crazy pace and how you make a living being so busy all the time.
    Health is the foundation of a good life, nothing else could be more important.
    Get well soon.
    :mates:

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Wow bigcat really sorry to hear about your health issues. Thanks so much for all the amazing stuff you've given away for the good of musicians everywhere. We all are really grateful for all the immense time and effort you've put into this. It's also been fun working with you on a project and hopefully we might collaborate again in the future. If you still want to drop by and hangout remember there is Dragon Naturally Speaking software where you can use your voice to type and make minimal adjustments to some small mistakes here and there. We'd love to hear from you again even if not when you're posting another of your great free instruments. I wish you get well soon mate. It's been a blast. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

Hey bigcat! Feel better, and take it easy…. appreciate all your contributions here, …. but not OVER your health…. Be well! :wink:

7. We all really appreciate your efforts on behalf of the community and your influence on our creativity will sorely be missed. Please take care of yourself, heal up and become strong so as to be able to continue your good deeds in the near future and beyond....

8. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

I, for one, cannot thank you enough. You've been more than generous, and your work more than impressive. Hopefully, those with the acumen (and time) to do so will follow your example.

9. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Hope you get well soon man, damn I remember when you just had the 3-4 pianos, when did all of these get released?

10. transporter1333

transporter1333 Member

You have friends (and Fans) here.
    Health and Family comes first.
    Take care, get well, come back when you ready.
    We are here waiting for you with a good news.
    GOD bless you my friend :mates:
    :wink: :wink: :wink:

11. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Take a break, take a quick crap.. and come back soon :mates:

12. FluteBoy

FluteBoy Newbie

hey bigcat1969, I think i represent all the (nice :)) people who would like to say Thank you!!! but are little lazy to do so. *yes* You are an Inspiration to so many of us here! :hug:

Get well sooon!!

Cheers!!! :wink:

13. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Wish you to heal quickly and well bigcat1969

Thank you for all you've done for the musicians, you have done a very big job.
    Take great care.
    We are at your side. :mates:

14. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Hi BC

Sorry to hear this. Hope you´ll recover soon! Also hope you will show up some day again *yes*

Cheers

15. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

BIG

[​IMG]

TO HELP US WITH YOUR GENEROSITY
    WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

:mates: :mates: :mates: :mates: :mates: :mates: :mates: :mates: :mates:

16. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

you have done some amazingly selfless things for musicians who are just starting out and have a very limited budget. you should be proud of your contributions. many many people owe you a debt of gratitude.

take a much deserved break and get well soon.

17. willdathrill

willdathrill Producer

Hope you get well soon brother and take time to heal.. I know all about tissue damage, which it takes time..and Thanks for all you have done for all of us with the wonderful work u had done..Get Well Soon Brother.

18. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Yeah man, thanks for all you've done for the community, and I hope you get back to feeling your old self again

A break will do you good, your body tells you when you need a rest, i'm the same, when mine says slow down, i do

19. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

See you soon :mates:

20. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

Although I haven't had the pleasure of using your stuff, May you recover and be in full health.

Be good my Brother!

21. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

Hey buddy, i hope you have a speedy recovery and you have fun while youre getting there. Thanx for all the effort you put into the audio community as a whole. Im sure in 10 years it will still be appreciated by new users too. :)