Tablet Recommendations..

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by yomav, Feb 21, 2024.

1. yomav

yomav Newbie

Hello everyone.

Looking for a tough tablet. Ideally screen size is 11" or larger for basic use (E-reader, streaming, surfing, etc, and likely some gaming when the kids use it).

I've looked at the Samsung S7/S7+, S8/S8+, and the iPad Pro 11".

Came across a Lenovo Yoga 13 for 569$ but the reviews stated it can't be upgraded to Android 11.
    Reviews for the iPad Pro (M1) were good but the M2 chip is scheduled to be released this fall.

Any recommendations/suggestions would be appreciated

thanks in advance for any help

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  3. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

I have had an S7+ for a little while now, and for the price, I really have no complaint. I don't do much gaming on it though, but it's handled everything that I threw at it so far. Great for drawing as well.

4. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

I'd go with Samsung, they are just so much better than most of what i've tested. there are also FE versions for every regular version, FE is slightly cropped but significantly cheaper, check that out maybe it will suit your requirements.

5. SacyGuy

SacyGuy Ultrasonic

I really HATE apple, so android is my way
    also, my house has a samsung ecosystem (tv, AC, cellphones, etc), so we can share the screen with the tvs without cables

I have S6 lite (10''), S7 fe (12''), S9 regular (11'')

the S6 is really popular, samsung still sells this model a LOT. Its cheap, perfect size por portability, and OK fort basic use, like you want.

S7 fe has bigger screen, bad portability.

S9 regular, with 11inch screen is a beast, really worth the value.

6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I've a Samsung S8+ since last April (I'm writing this post on it) and have been very happy with it. There is too much of that ol' Android latency for me to work on music though, and if that's your thing you'd have to go with some iteration of iPad. My wife and daughter both use iPads but I'll never go near one as I absolutely don't support proprietary hardware and software. Samsung fucked up for me by demanding users need to use their own USB to 1/8" adapter though and loose 2 stars out of 5 for puling that crap.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  7. Wowbagga

Wowbagga Member

I have both Samsung S6 Lite and S7 FE. Since I had started to read lots of books, documents for my studies I bought S7 FE (12"). Screen estate is more important for me than mobility. But beware it does not come with 3.5mm headphone output (Samsung idiots)

8. Margaret

Margaret Platinum Record

It depends for what purpose you wanna use it.
    You are artist? Have money for software? You wanna drawing or make music on it?
    Take iPad Pro

You wanna just use it for fun, watch youtube, browsing web, play games?
    Take Samsung Tab

9. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Producer

As this an audio forum, if you ever plan to use it for anything audio, Android is absolute crap. Very high latency und nearly no useful software, I would keep that in mind.