Synthesizer

Discussion in 'humor' started by mk_96, Jun 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Synthesizer

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

He's definitely talking about synthesizers. :wink:

He's got a very nice collection. wow. I miss some analogs in mine.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I am jealous of all his stands! and uncanny ability to have that many keyboard versions in such a small space. (I realize he is moving them around) That is a sick collection indeed. What is the Moog on the right? It looks like a early 2000s Voyager with the wood furniture, but it looks really big for one. lol. The 200$ korg unit gets more camera time than the original prophet.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Please digitise all hardware synthesizers so that they fit on an SSD.
    Neither the majority of the world's population has the money nor the space.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

I'm sure he will get right to work on that. The funny thing is, this is probably just "location 1" and the next episode of the show about collectors will follow him on to "warehouse 2". He probably has 200k sitting there, and he would be less comfortable with a 500$ Toyota from 1990 parked there. It is already exceptional use of storage space per dollar, you can keep your ssd. You go to a museum and check out the Gift Shop versions first? He has things there built by Bob Moog and Dave and Dave and. yeah wow. :) It's too fast though. some would be hard to identify with such a short glance. I'm sure people will try.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

@clone let's go:

A tour through the world's largest synthesizer collection
    www.smemmusic.ch & www.smemmusic.ch/de/node/113

Visit the world's largest synthesizer centre

eboardmuseum in Klagenfurt, Austria - Probably the largest synthesiser collection in Europe

For over 20 years, musician Gert Prix has been collecting and restoring electronic keyboard instruments. The museum comprises around 1,500 exhibits - the largest private collection of vintage keyboard instruments in Europe, if not the world. Gert Prox not only has a respectable collection of synthesizers from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s here, the approx. 1,700 square metres of exhibition space also include vintage keyboards and organs of all kinds.

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

What could be done, but no one [except Behringer kinda] dared to, is remake all the classics with superior analogue SMD components. Almost like a SOC [system on chip]. Synths made with SMD would be of excellent and lasting quality, but they wouldn't have the quirks of the old ones [slight instability is actually desirable]. As for controls, they could be made to work as digital>analogue, so you could make a Moog Modular in a rack digitally controlled. Oberheim made a similar thing in the late 90s - Marion Systems Modular which was completely computer controlled analogue modular. I wouldn't mind having one... :wink:

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Regarding your contribution, I would like to direct my hopes for the future to this chip:

Motorola DSP563xx Emulator:
    This DSP has been used in plenty of virtual analogue synthesizers and other musical gear that was released after around the mid 90s, such as Access Virus A, B, C, TI / Clavia Nord Lead 3 / Waldorf Q, Microwave II / Novation Supernova, Nova and many others.