Synth (?) lead in Sonata Arctica's FullMoon

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Xeraser, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

I'm trying to figure out what this synth-like kind of lead is on my favorite Sonata Arctica song but I genuinely can't figure out how to recreate it even though it's probably really simple. I'm trying it on Due 3 right now (even though I'm gonna recreate it on my Motif XF later) with a square wave but I don't know where to go from there lol it's my first time delving into actual sound creation and not just tweaking/modifying presets

Lead's in the solo at 3:45, I tried embedding it with the proper timestamp with the media tags but it doesn't work

I know it's some kind of lead from some portable synth since I've seen the keyboardist on stage but I completely forgot to ask him when I had the chance to talk to them lol..

3. brokenwizard

brokenwizard Noisemaker

The sound is made up of multiple voices, I think at least a square and a +12 sine. Often a bit of distortion goes a long way with these kinds of sounds too.