Synth/Analog of T.I & Cristina Aguilera song?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Nini, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Nini

Nini Newbie

Hey guys!

I was listening "Castle Walls"

how to do that sound? There is some analog/synth?
    Min. 0:39
    It's an awesome sound!!

3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Arps?
    Oh, I knew somebody would ask..
    I did this many years ago with xhun littleone. On my old pc there was saved preset. I just experimented with sounds and got this arp sound, played these chords and one-to-one sound, perfectly close, if not the same. It was too easy. I suppose it is longer attacks, not long decays, some release. Short delays feedback, fast delay time, not long. Play with filters as well, oscs. Semi metallic sounding reverbs. All built-in littleone delays and reverbs. If I can open my old hdd, I will try to find this preset.

Analog or not, special synth or not, almost everything can be emulated, especially simple or not to complex sounds. Exception is too complex synths such as huge modular, because of lack of emulation, but with some Xils, arturia, u-he you can get complex sounds, but probably not so close to original. Analog is just small nuances from circuits, imperfections, saturation etc. With a huge variety of plugins you can do much more to be closer to analog, all the dirty, saturation, noise etc. The question is do you need it all...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017