Syntact, New Instrument that feedback ultrasonic acustic signal, interesting

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by GabsIT, Jul 6, 2021.

1. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

Hi, I think this is worth watching, not just about the new instrument but the neuroscience behind of how this new instruments really work.

Our Brain basically doesn't understand audio, visual or general sensory information, it just learn how to deal with it, so as when driving a car, playing an instrument or any of those tasks that involve many hours of experience we just get used to it and then it's almost an extension of ourselves, well that in my words, and I am pretty bad at words lol better watch the video, super interesting.

A TED talk:
    Can we create new senses for humans? | David Eagleman

Syntact - touch the sound

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I think it's similar to one in terms of operation Theremin:

Jean Michel Jarre - Theremin

There is hardly anything new - only the analog is now becoming more and more digital. The last one was MPE, now everything is becoming more complex and networked with the Internet. should we at some point play a piano with the thought, where is the fun?

BLOCKS: The instrument that grows with you

Tubule
    Do not hesitate! A tubule is an instrument that is tinkered together from PVC pipes of different lengths and then played with sticks, flip-flops or other funny objects. There are no limits for your creativity! The tones are created by the air in the pipes being set in motion. The longer the pipe, the deeper the tone.

Otamatone
    Funny! The Otamatone is a funny synth gadget from Japan. The part that looks like a laughing note spits out electronic sounds when you squeeze the notehead. With the second hand you select the notes on the stem of the note.

laser harp
    Spacy! If you interrupt the laser beam, this triggers a signal and ultimately the assigned tone. Especially Jean-Michel Jarre made the laser harp famous during his live shows.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  4. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

I have HQ musical memory, I would love to create things directly with my mind, my dreams are more complex and interesting than any movie, well at the level of Nolan lol, I specially dream with rare music, this is one of the reasons to explore deeply into other cultures, music instruments, etc, also to get bored from conventional instruments, or anything conventional in general.

Good to see Jarre, was so mainstream years ago and now it feels like an alternative reality, lol random pitches, I endup listening Oxygen, equinox and others. thanks for the post

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

A clever mind needs challenges. The ideas want to mature and communicate something. Let's be so smart and let the ideas go free, because information wants to be free. Maybe make a film - write a script - invent an instrument - become an editor.

Robert Anton Wilson - Techniques of Consciousness Change

Larry Greenblatt - Hacking the Singularity - Robert Anton Wilson Quantum Psychology

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  6. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

Power Mind, I hope I can get a neuralink so I can transfer my ghost into the net before is too late (Ghost in the Shell)

I am really into meditation and neuroscience, also cognitive psychology, but not the sort of stuff that you can find in internet, It doesn't mean is not there as the sets on Kammatthana and Muraqabah not entry level.

BTW I was listening the video and there is something terrible about the Dystopian @ 8:30, that it happened already, in Cambodia after some stupid brainwash of French communism, Polpot get into power (this also reminded me of the "right wing" Chicago Boys - Fubelt Project) terrible extremes.

His ideal was in a nutshell create an agrarian power where everyone should help their country without exception, this is also very present in spiritual sects where one should be independent or self sufficient from the system but all fueled by Kool aid Mumbo Jumbo lol

Long story short, they killed all the educated class, students, teachers, scientist, doctors, etc so Cambodia is still recovering from genetically.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Evolution of Consciousness: Eight-Circuit Model and Positive Disintegration

9. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

This is the future! No need for physical slaves when you can have digital ones :rofl: https://qntm.org/mmacevedo

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Transhumanism is considered a philosophical school of thought that seeks to expand the limits of human possibilities through the use of technological processes. Transhumanists think specifically about optimizing people. The explicit goals of the transhumanist vision are: self-optimization, settlement of the universe and immortality.

11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I think the Ghost In The Shell chick was too hot to leave her physical body. What a waste...
    Now call me shallow if you like...

12. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

Transhumanism in movies, quite extreme

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual