Symphonic Library Suggestion for Kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Doctor_Me, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Doctor_Me

Doctor_Me Platinum Record

Hey guys, hope you're fine, I'd like to ask for suggestions on Kontakt libraries for symphonic instruments in the range of 15-20 GB.

I was actually going to download all Symphony Essentials from Native Instruments to test it out, but maybe there are better options for the same size and maybe an all in one library (like strings, horns, woodwinds and percussion all on the same library).

I'm going to use it on some epic cinematic stuff to blend in my Psytrance tracks, so if you guys could suggest a nice library or libraries that can fit this need it would be really amazing.

Thanks in advance! ;)

3. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I use ProjectSAM Symphobia (1, 2 and Lumina) and True Strike for most of my orchestral work, but I also got 8Dio's Majestica recently, and that one's not bad, either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Doctor_Me

Man, Majestica sounds really huge, thanks for the suggestion, haven't heard about that until now. Symphobia unfortunatelly is a bit oversized for my hard drive currently.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  5. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

The Symphobias (and True Strike, at least the first one) do take up a bit of hard drive real estate. Majestica pretty much covers the same ground with less articulations and extras (and is only one library), but if you had to pick just one to go with, it's not bad at all. I have all of them around for film work and they all get used, sometimes together. I also have old-school Miroslav Philharmonik 1, mostly for the solo instruments, and a bunch of choral libraries.

6. Doctor_Me

Thanks again for your answers bro, actually I'm cleaning up some old libraries that i don't need anymore to get myself the Symphobia bundle (at least the 2 first and true strike 1), after watch the walkthrough on their youtube channel I just loved how it sounds and how complete they are. But just to know, do you get yourself relying on the lumina frequently? For me it seens a really nice library to have and sounds amazing for what they intend to do, but seens much situational and not so versatyle. Maybe I'm wrong, want to know what a real owner and user think about it

7. noize2sound

noize2sound Kapellmeister

EWQLO Gold ? I prefer this more then any one but I didn't try Majestica though

8. Doctor_Me

Looks interesting, going to search some walkthroughs and demos. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

9. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I think of all three Symphobias as articulations of the same uber-library. Symphobia 1 covers all the basics, while Symphobia 2 covers the faster, more action-oriented articulations and Lumina is the slower, heavier stuff (er, as well as cartoony and "whimisical"?). You can use all three together, plus, True Strike covers all your percussion stuff with the same mics and the same recording stage. I can't vouch for True Strike 2 -- any time I need exotic percussion, I usually end up using Big Fish Audio's Epic Drum or Cinematic Percussion loop libraries, which fit in surprisingly well with both Symphobia and True Strike 1.

10. Doctor_Me

Really amazing bro, you helped me a lot, will download Symphobia and True Strike libraries for sure, they sound amazing and looks really simple to use. Thank so much for your time and patience explaining me how you approach them. :bow: