Symphobia 2

Discussion in 'Software News' started by crichton13, Aug 3, 2011.

1. crichton13

crichton13 Newbie

I know it's not new but just got mine today and BOY it's totally awesome!

Like having a Symphony Orchestra in your room!

3. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

sounds really nice :wow:

4. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

actually, symphobia 2 compared to symphobia 1 is totally shit...

the first thing that come to my mind is that patches of legato... the instruments doesn't have the complete range of notes

and that chainsaw sound, :wow: what a silly thing that you never gonna use in your life

i've downloaded it and a time later, i deleted it, also for 20 gb size, it have few multis and patches

5. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

^ Agreed. Symphobia 1 is infinitely better than 2. For its size, there just isn't much there. I DO like the dystopia patches, but that's about it.

If you like 2, you should DEFINITELY try 1.

6. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

What a lucky man you are !!! Now please be the angel who will gives us these fixes available @ Project Sam website. It will be really kind of you... :thumbsup:

Project Sam - 28-06-2011 - Legato Ensembles fix available for Symphobia 2
    Project Sam - 01-12-2010 - Symphobia 2 Uillean Pipes hotfix

7. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Maybe he has downloaded it like us...but I hope I'm wrong! *yes*

8. crichton13

crichton13 Newbie

Just went back and compared it to Part 1 and yes, you're right, 1 is better than 2 - but both are great!

9. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I don't really 'get'..2

doesn't seem to be much.. in it.

10. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Symphobia 2 isn't meant to be another Symphobia 1, it's meant to augment or expand on the first one. In other words, if you're using Symphobia 1, you don't need the second one, though using them both together gives you a lot more articulations and options. If you're using 2 by itself, it's like trying to play an expansion pack without the original game. Anyway, if anyone has a line on those hotfixes ...

11. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

right, but look at the legato patches of symphobia 2, that is supposed to work separately from symphobia 1 because this are combinations of instruments in legato, but it sucks because of the cutted notes of the patches...

12. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

That's resolved in the hotfix which, unfortunately, nobody has at the present time. The other patches are new articulations of things already defined in Symphobia 1 -- the first set covers the basics and the new stuff expands on it. In fact, I'm not sure why it's being presented as a "new" set and not an expansion of the original, aside from the nifty new interface.

13. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

"Registered Symphobia 2 users can download a replacement set for the Symphobia 2 Legato Ensembles from their ProjectSAM account. This update fixes the 'ticking bug' that some users experienced when using the legato ensembles in DXF mode (using the mod wheel).
    A major Symphobia 2 update, featuring new recordings and features, is in the works and will be released later this year!"

Reason why I kept mine on 2 mirrored HDD... *yes*

14. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

nonono, with cutted notes i don't mean a bug or something like that, i mean the patches doesn't come with the complete range of notes of the respective instruments!!!

and like that looks like a demo of the real library :wow:

so, if the update adds what is missing, then is a must have

15. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Oh, I see... I must admit I didn't even try this lib atm cos I don't wanna be tempted to start something I will be unable to finish because of bugs (or being limited by them).

16. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Unfortunately, that part's not a bug. ProjectSAM explained that they were trying to retain the actual scale of the sections they were sampling. Granted, there are "blue notes" in Symphobia 2 that don't work, and those might be taken out in the updates, but the weird scales themselves are intentional. I dunno -- I guess we won't know what got fixed, didn't get fixed or how it's actually supposed to work until somebody gets their hands on the hotfix ...

17. Sonar_Eclipse

Sonar_Eclipse Newbie

I actually feel really bad for anyone who picked up Symphobia 2 thinking it was better than Symphobia 1.

I agree in that the ranges are a limitation. Blue notes (for example in the bagpipes patch) aren't fun to deal with when your composition is in c minor. Modulating to D theoretically shouldn't be hard, and anyway I'm sure it was only intended for amusement purposes. Sorry, I may be wrong, I just could never find a use for the patch except for a dance-like cue.

The one thing that blew me away in the library was probably the solo flute. And then the legato trombone/hrn section.

But I can't say I was too impressed.

Anyway, just my two cents :dunno:

18. Andrew_G

Andrew_G Newbie

Dear friends, I understand nothing. Have just dowloaded Symphobia 2 from here (audioz) and see only Mac files - neither installation .exe-file for PC nor .nki Kontakt :dunno:
    If it for Mac only, why there's no mark about it, if not, how can I use this on PC?
    Thanks!

*upd* Fixed!

19. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Strange, are you sure? In my Symphobia 2 there are Mac and Pc installers!

20. Andrew_G

Andrew_G Newbie

Diabulus in Musica, I'm really sorry! Probably some problem with unpacking happens... Now I've found Symphobia 2 Setup PC.exe :) Thank you anyway :)