Sylenth1 v 3.0 Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Disfunktion, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Menorah

Menorah Producer

More than two years just to have a "beautiful skin" :wow:
    I would have liked to see more wavetable (possibility to import our own waves) and a more advanced matrix.
    I hope the effects are improved, especially the reverberation

2. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Delay with more feedback oomph & more distortion algorithms would be nice too.

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

This is an embarrassment. Truly. I bet the only thing that got any work done to it was the copy protection. LennarDigital riding the wave ad nauseum of the one good thing they ever made. :bleh:

4. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

awwwww come on guys take it easy on the guys...

Remember, most of these plugin companies are small and are run by one or a few guys... give them a break.

This company has every right to increase their copy protection for their product, now if it's extremely hard to crack, all these stupid kids
    would stop fucking making crappy music and we can finally do away with the horrible trends that have developed over the past years...

Leave the music making to the people who actually work hard to push the sounds that come out of these plugins...

5. remix

remix Platinum Record

nice

6. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Change log:

- Enhanced Copy Protection
    - CPU Load Increase +75%

I don't care about kids making crap music, but I do care about companies alienating themselfs from potential consumers etc, like what has already been mentioned, its sharing etc that make these products popular in the first place.

The profit expectations of these companies are way too high, they EXPECT to succeed big with profits etc & make livings off 1 product, but the reality is we are all poor & are living in really tough economical times, these companies / people are no different to us average jo blo's.

Yes its sad & profiting does suffer, but thats just the nature of the music scene, people should still do it for the love, money should not restrict creativity, but money makes the world go round right ?

A suggestion would be to provide more statistical information on sales, goals, etc etc of the company & then we can make more informed decisions, people do like to help you know.

7. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

this skin was supposed to be the one (and a lot better) :
    http://pureav.deviantart.com/art/Sylenth1-LT-Skin-UPDATED-430769010

About features and time, Lennar never wanted to make another plug. And never really wanted to be visible.
    Even legit users on KVR asked several questions without response for months.
    How many time Mac users asked for x64 support ? Now, V3 "will" provide it...but no more x86 on the other side.

Skin support was asked since day one. It was easy to just put graphics outside the plugin in a folder...but not.
    Lennar even kicked ppl from KVR for providing skins (not dll, of course) because skinning was like cracking the plugin :rofl:

Common, this is not a serious business. Lennar got gold in his hands since V1. With V2, he could have already put a better protection.
    Kind of U-He timebomb, CRC...

But not, once again. I totally understand Sylenth1 love. But not dev behavior :dunno:
    I wish him, and users, a better story with V3 :wink:

8. jamzprod

jamzprod Noisemaker

A sylenth with FM capability would just be amazing.

9. eheavy

eheavy Member

Will it be a free upgrade ?

10. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Any kind of feature upgrades beside the protection & skin, I bet would make a bunch of sales. We've only all been waiting for years now lol.

Its great to know theyve spent the past several years working on a new protection scheme, really exciting stuff...

& Hi Zeus, good to see you back, hope your health is doing good :)

11. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Never understood the craze about this plugin. Doesn't really look vastly better/different than the billion others and never felt the urge to even try it. I know, crazy right? :dunno:

(I'm waiting to be lynched/stoned)

12. Vince Bramich

Vince Bramich Ultrasonic

lol.
    for me it was simplicity and an abundance of tutorials that made it appealing as a noob sound designer.
    I get the feeling this was the same for many others

13. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's very warm sounding and easy for beginners to get into. It's also not particularly diverse but it excels at what it does which is standard subtractive synthesis. Personally I've really taken to Hive which is a more capable synth but Sylenth is still something I return to because of it's sonic signature.

14. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

I like how the distortions & filter interact with each other, 4x Oscillators, the A/B Parts & its well laid out (no nonsense GUI), great synth for its time. Getting old ? yes. Needs a update ? yes. :P

15. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Getting old and update doesn't mean sound engine will change :wink:
    In fact, it is the only soft synth with no major update for years and years, still being praised.

16. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

Yes people do like to help and at the same time people do like to crack and take other peoples products for free when they have the chance.

It doesn't affect the right for the company to choose to have enhanced copy protection. They are the owners of the company so they have control and understanding of the way the business is more than any of us consumers(which most aren't even consumers if you just pirate plugins).

Considering people who download your product for free as 'potential customers' is not a good way to sell your product. You are basically saying, "yes, you can steal my product that I worked on for 10 years and if you want you can buy it, because even though I am getting popular I am earning barely anything.."

These guys aren't musicians, they are engineers. They spend MUCH MUCH longer working on something than a musician would make a track... so you can't really apply the music scene to these guys. They are in the software development scene.

In the end, these guys are the owners of the company and they have more experience in the field than any of us over here do. If they feel like they need to add something like copy protection to their product, than obviously it must mean the illegal downloads are clearly affecting their business. If it wasn't, they wouldn't add this feature.

We need to start respecting the decisions of these small businesses as well as large organisations about how they choose to protect and expose their products.

17. badman

badman Member

Sylenth isn't the end be all of plugins zebra is actually better in terms of sound and being able to programme shit.

18. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Reply from himself on Faceboobs

Sylenth1 Free update for customers, in case you're not a customer it will be the regular price

And

Amazing..but its just a skin or a new version?

Sylenth1 New version + new skin

19. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

See, you just nailed most of the points I am trying to emphasize here.

You can not seriously say to me that because these guys own a company & have spent 10 years making a product, that they know how to approach consumers, understand why their products are popular in the first place, and how to run a business ? thats just non-sense dude

Can't you see that the actual conclusion of all of your points are that these guys absolutely do NOT know how to run a business, they do not know how to approach the community, they do not know how to effectively market themselves, they don't know how to stay relevant in the game, among many other things.

Companies these days trying to do everything by the books & acting like assholes, playing the "corporation vs consumer" type roles, blaming everything on Pirating like cowards. Keeping the business models discrete from the target consumers is definitely not a good idea, people like to know whats going on, like to be listened to, like to hear about companies goals, future plans, etc etc.

There are so many little things companies can do to show they care about their target audience, & a tonne of little things to do to keep income coming in off a product, but they don't do anything except "enhance copy protection", which is just a really lame move.

Most of these devs suck ass big time & the people who make them successful to begin (us) with pay for it.

My appologise for speaking strongly, but it was the comments about lennar acting like a asshole on KVR & blaming pirating that struck a nerve.

I think everyone is confused as to what the hell this new version is besides new skin and protection. Great marketing campaign hey.

20. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

Well you're completely right in terms of the fact that staying in touch and creating an active community helps you stay relevant in the game...

That's not what we are disputing. In fact, it's funny you mentioned KVR because that place is dedicated for these types of things.

Whether a company chooses to take that route or not is just dependent on their own experience from a business side...

But you just can't write companies off just because they decided to enhance copy protection. Because that's also a decision that they need to make as well.

None of these companies are really blaming EVERYTHING on pirating. In fact, Lennar completely admits that pirating helped their product get popular...

But as I mentioned, pirating isn't the route to go for them... but the route you have mentioned is correct; creating and sustaining as well as updating a community... but these things are meant to be done anyway regardless of whether pirating exists or not. They aren't alternatives to pirating... Even providing free services require these things in order for it to be actively sustained and maintained...

So along with user feedback, respecting the decision of these companies from their end is also helpful to them. Copy protection is something they need to do... not something
    they are blaming all their losses on.

In this small industry of plugin developers, rather than being hateful, angry and complacent at the decisions they make, let's actually respect their decisions and suggest ways to improve from a users perspective. Because as I said earlier, take it easy on these guys, they are learning and working hard to figure it out. No need to be angry at Lennar just because they said something you don't agree with... they aren't google...

Developing a business is a learning curve. I never said these guys know everything about making a business successful. What I was trying to say is that they have chosen to enter this industry and learn the ways as well as invest time to get things right. This is to the extent where eventually their knowledge of the business will be greater than yours or mine. We have to respect that. And also because alot of these guys are small and still learning, we need to learn to be respectful to them as well and take it easy on these guys rather than being hateful and bashful. They already get done enough from illegal downloads anyway...

These are developers, give them some respite...