sylenth1 question...attack is heard

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by petrrr, Aug 14, 2022.

1. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

I initialize the patch, i have a saw waveform with 1 voice

i have 8th notes consecutive to each other on same note (right next to each other each midi note touches next one)

I am trying to remove the attack that is heard at start of each 8th note WIthout increasing the attack

i tried
    1) turning retrigger off (changed a bit the tone of the sound but attack is still there on each note)
    2) turning legato on (Didn't do anything)

i'm talking about the click of the attack at the beginning, a clicking sound each time, like a pick would do on guitar

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

since you have created an example where using an enveloper won't really do very much due to the note length; you can bounce a loop from the VST and then run a declicker on your sample. Accusonus repair plugins are free now. "Oh, but the audio quality of it will degrade!". Dude, it's Sylenth.

4. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

Best Answer
    Just increase the attack on AMP env.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. 8bits

8bits Producer

Lol do you never play with a Microwave1, was teriiblo for clicking envelopes, also the new Iridium sometimes…just…increase the attack envelope parameter?

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Sylenth 1 - Amp Env.jpg

7. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

If i understand, you don't want to increase the attack time of the amp envelope. Why not?
    But in this case, look at filter envelope, if the filter goes into it, correct by increasing it's attack time,
    if the filter is not going into his envelope, make it go into it and use this envelope to smoother the attack.
    Also @clone idea is good too.

8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

First off, what are you trying to do? If you don't want clicks you add a longer note, equivalent of the length of the shorter notes combined.

Yes, you up the amp attack (and maybe the release to compensate and overlap the gap). As already mentioned.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

Yeah thats actually a wanted feature by LD, also Reveal Sound Spire has clicking envelopes. (I like this feature as it adds more attack to a bass for example, Virus C also has clicking envs)

Solution is indeed to just increase the attack a bit, this also good for the release as this could also sometimes sound weird.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022