Switching to Logic Pro X from Ableton Live 9: shortcuts problem

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Sonar Sounds, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Sonar Sounds

Sonar Sounds Ultrasonic

Hi all,

I've recently downloaded Logic from AudioZ as I felt a bit of production block on Ableton, but I'm stumbling upon the huge differences in commands and actions. Does anybody know if there's an ''Ableton shortcuts'' preset I can import in Logic to work faster? Or any kind of tutorial that can teach me all the basic shortcuts in Logic?

Thanks in advice, cheers! :like:

3. The LT

The LT Ultrasonic

I strongly recommend sticking to default Logic presets and not attempt to mimic Ableton's way of working. Those are different DAWs with different approaches. It is worthwhile to learn both hotkey layouts.

I used to have an AppStore program called KillerKeys which showed hotkeys on a virtual keyboard and included presets for most DAWs, but it has been pulled from the App Store and from my purchased apps. Fuck Apple.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  4. FadedShadows

FadedShadows Ultrasonic

yes, Ableton and Logic are completely two different Beasts. Especially, when trying to compare shortcuts key commands... It's better to learn the ones from Logic, instead of trying to do some kind of crossover script, if one exists... BTW: my favorites are the alt, aka "Option" and shift keys plus the mouse scroll wheel.

Scroll Up/Down: Move Up/Down
    Command + Shift + Scroll: Move Left/Right
    Option + Scroll: Vertical Zoom In/Out
    Option+Command + Scroll: Horizontal Zoom In/Out
    Option+Control + Scroll: Zoom In/Out

Also here is a great resource on shortcut key commands in Logic:
    http://logic-pro-expert.com/logic-p...nds-you-should-assign-today.html#.VjZNQmRViko

I hope this helps and welcome to Logic! :)