Switching from Ableton Live 9 to Studio One?

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by MrAnonymous, Mar 31, 2014.

?

What DAW do you prefer?

1. Ableton Live

18 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Studio One

18 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. None of the above

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

After watching some Groove 3 Videos and getting the hang of it i am going to make the switch to Studio One.

Thanks for your help every one :wink:

2. Lao

Lao Newbie

Hello

I've used Logic, Cubase, Reason FL Studio before I swiched to Studio One to year ago. What I can say is that Studio One is the best and easy DAW that I ever know. It's really fast, its about drag and drop Instruments and Effects so easily and your workflow ic much faster. By using drums Im using in the last two weeks Fxpasnion Geist ( awesome Vst, Drummaschine, Slicer, sampler).

Lao

Just try Fxpansion Geist. Great VST, Drummaschine, slicer, sampler. Impact is good but Geist much better.

Lao

3. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

S1 user from Ableton and FL Experience. For my workflow (EDM) it's the best:
    -Musicloop are just insane (how many time do you use the same Preset,riser or fx from Sylent or Massive
    -Workflow and learning curve, it's very easy to learn. he took me only 3 months to go 95% in deep
    -Trasform and Bouce features are bombs, i'm running a simply i3 3,20 ghz and handling like 60 Track at 60% of my CPU. And still have the possibility to go back from audio to vst in every moment.

I'm not really happy with automations system, because i was used to FL automations and tension.
    but to me it's a good compromise. I just have to be more carefull when writing automations lines

I don't really miss anything from Ableton, to my eyes S1 has got better quantized system (in Ableton is called "Warp" in S1 "Audio bend")

I used Geist when i was on FL. Now on S1 i don't use samplers, just drag & drop on arrange view and make my edits even if are single one shot drums. It's better because you can edit clips on the fly. When i got the groove I use GLUE command (make an event)and then i'm ready to duplicate where i want