Sustain pedal problems

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Gen1, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

For some reason when using The grandeur in Kontakt, everything starts of OK and then the sustain pedal starts cutting out.
    I tried it with Alesia Keys and it was working backwards in that. Any ideas? Works fine in other apps and on my native keyboard.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Maybe this will help you:

Anatomy Edit Page Controls
    PEDAL: Clicking REPEDALING enables repedaling — if the sustain pedal is depressed during note release, the remaining sound sustains. HALFPEDAL: Enables the use of a continuous sustain pedal for half-pedaling. On a piano you can decide how far the dampers are lifted from the strings by controlling how far down you press the pedal.

This affects the release time and the amount of resonance. When the HALFPEDAL button is unchecked, a continuous sustain pedal is transformed into an on/off switch. (For half-pedalling you need a special continuous sustain pedal, which outputs midi values from 1-127 instead of an on/off command.)

Source: www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/manuals/THE_GRANDEUR_Manual_English.pdf

4. Xenon

Xenon Producer

5. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Kapellmeister

It's been going on with Kontakt for years. I've never found a solution.
    That's why I use Arturia Piano V3.
    No sustain pedal problem with that.

6. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

Yeh, I've been trawling the Web for answers but no solutions suggested so far, work. Yet I see youtube videos of people using it no problem.
    Real pain in the butt it's not working properly.

7. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

Interesting, never had such a problem with any NI piano of the series.
    You have to be sure it's not an hardware problem, so for windows, download MIDI OX, learn a bit how to use it and push the sustain pedal, you'll see what's wrong with CC 64.
    See below, you should see 127 when pushed, 0 when released.
    Mine has for some reason not clear to me channel 1 and 2 sent but that's my issue.
    midiox.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  8. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

I'm on mac. I don't get problems in any other piano software, just kontakt has the sustain problem.
    I tried checking similar in Kontakt. Sustain pedal shows 127 when pressed and zero when released. However, soon as you start playing it starts off OK, then drops out.

9. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

I can't help, if all piano libraries behave the same it COULD be that Mac OS and Kontakt are interfering each other, if you can't solve it from Kontakt settings.

Anybody:
    Did someone had the same problem in windows?

10. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

Hey Jim I downloaded Arturia and everything worked fine. Then I clicked on the little midi 5 pin image top right. Wasn't sure what it was but it messed up everything. The piano now goes all out of tune. Playing a single note results in that note going all over the place. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it was still messed up.

11. Markov Pavlov

Markov Pavlov Newbie

Hey, sorry for necroposting but I just stumbled onto this same issue myself and figured out what was going wrong. Not sure if it's in any way helpful to your situation, but I had a MIDI track into which I was performing the notes, and Kontakt on a seperate track with the MIDI routed as a send from the "performance" track to the Kontakt track. The problem was, the track with Kontakt on it was still listening for hardware MIDI input *as well* as receiving the MIDI from the performance track, so it was getting everything twice. This seemed to cause it to trip up and kill voices in Kontakt constantly, making the notes sound choked as if the sustain pedal wasn't working. Once I completely disabled external MIDI input on the Kontakt channel, the problem went away. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List