Superior Drummer - Additional Core Libraries Installation

Discussion in 'Software' started by John Regis, Jan 13, 2024.

1. John Regis

John Regis Newbie

Hi guys,

I've been struggling with installing the additional parts to the SD3 Core Library (SDX Parts 2&5) in Logic. I had no problem installing SDX part 1 but for the life of me cannot get the others working on both my Macs.

I've installed both SD3 3.1.7 and 3.3.0, moved all the audio files from SDX 2&5 into the 'sounds' folder and run core library updates 1.2.0 and 1.3.0.

I've also codesign'd it & restarted etc.

My SSD Library folder looks like this -

Aversion
    Configs
    GraphicsV3 (folder)
    InstallerConfig
    instrumentgroups
    micconf
    Name padconf
    s3presetconf
    SDX-Doc.pdf
    SDX-Keys.pdf soundDB
    Sounds (folder with 1,2 5 .obw)
    StackPack uberconf
    UpdateConfig
    UpdaterConfig

I've tried the installation various ways on a 2015 iMac and 2023 & MacBook Pro M2Max - is there something glaring I'm doing wrong. My library consistently says 'stereo room setup' and was wondering if anyone can help?

Cheers!

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I am not using EZ or SD3, so for detailed questions you have to ask someone else. Did you ever have this working before?

but the "something glaring" part I can try to answer without having it installed and looking. You mention you are installing "Core Library", but I looked on torrent tracker, and the only files I see that are referred to as "Core Library" are updates to it. You need the 5 parts called Factory Content. They are called "win/mac" in the titles, like this: Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 Factory Content PART 1 WIN MAC

It's about 170gb to download. If that is not installed properly, anything else that references that content will generate errors.

4. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

SD3 Rock foundr.png

This is what the RockFoundry should look like.

Most important is the version of the files to be compatible with the software.
    Its inside of aversion. In this case it (aversion) reads:
    minreq S 3.1.7

What means ist the RockFoundry Version 1.0.3 needing at least (S)uperior Drummer Version 3.1.7
    In this case RockFoundry won't show up in any SD3 installation version 3.1.6 or lower.

So far I think you've done everything right. I did not find soundDB, StackDB:
    Check if they are present in your original installation files and if not copy them by hand.
    But I would always do these type of things step by step so that you have every step consolidated and be able to rollback changes made.

1. First thing I would do now is using chmod 777 -r on the newly installed libs to make sure SD3 has all rights it may need.
    - btw you don't even need an installer to add libs to SD3. It works just with Xcopy files and directories to where you want -
    2. Second step make sure SD3 knows alle the paths for every single library you installed.
    Start SD3 standalone and use -> Libraries/Paths -> [Add Library/Path] and find the Path where the desired Lib is to be found.
    Repeat for all (newly) installed Libraries.

I found SD3 sometimes having problems with UNC paths so I mapped them to a local drive via Symlinks (Symbolic links)

After the integration of the Libs the Library/paths should look like someting like:

SD3 Libs.png

Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  5. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

It should say "Partial installation - Stereo room setup". You don't have all of the additional parts installed so. Just check in the mixer window if you have access to the extra bleed and Front L/R, Center, Surround etc mics (click "Edit visibility" to see all of the tracks). If you can see those mics/tracks, and you can enable bleed for most mics, everything is installed correctly.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  6. John Regis

John Regis Newbie

Thanks for the replies everyone.

This was very concise and helpful! I've managed to get everything working. I was actually doing everything correctly, but as you mentioned, I just needed to actually turn the bleed mics on in the ambience channels. I'll blame my user error on being green to the program ha!

I've installed all the remaining SDX from the core and it's showing 'full mic setup' so I'm happy with that. I did have to update to 3.3.6 to get Death and Darkness working but that's all plumbed in fine now too.

Thank you!