Superior Drummer 3 using your own samples

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Riccarlo, Jan 8, 2020.

1. clone

clone Audiosexual

I don't blame them for that at all (1 sample restriction). They are selling a drummer program that uses their sounds, and expansions; and they do this because of the quality of the sounds. I would probably not buy a Drummer program where the marketing specifically says you can import your own samples. Why would I buy it, if I already have 10 sampler programs?

All this does is suggest that their content is inferior to a potential customer. It's like buying a car, and the dealership telling you it's going to be great once you replace the engine with a good one. That would not be the best sales tactic.

2. Ryck

Ryck Guest

It came in a curious way because I always wondered why and how more than one track could be loaded.
    It is true what many say.
    SD AND EZ don't need anything else to sound great, especially SD. For my taste, I think it is the best realistic drum program and nothing beats it.
    But I see it (from my point of view) as a creative option to upload your own sound. And because I say creative, well maybe you like a sound like this.
    I have been tempted to put several samples and send them to the buses it has, the combination of microphones is wonderful, I never saw it in another daw, and then I wondered what it would be like if it would sound with "x" sample.
    I think it's more a whim than a necessity (I insist from my point of view). In my case it is a whim, curiosity, not really a need. The program as it is, for me, is perfect.

Maybe it can be assimilated to what a plugin of another color would look like, or if a button was different, I mean, it's a personal taste, right? but the program will not sound better because it changes the skin, but you like it.