Superior Drummer 3 - No option to select Multichannel Outputs defaults?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cardamom, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Cardamom

Cardamom Platinum Record

Help please: Regarding SD3's layout in the mixer, there is no option in the dropdown for multichannel Outputs. Do you have to select the Outputs manually for the libraries imported from EZdrummer or Superior Drummer 2 now? Doesn't even look like the option to go 'multichannel' is there, but it'd be nice if the prearranged outputs that WERE a feature on SD2 and EZdrummer could materialize when calling up the kits.

Images linked below re problem.

Please & Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.
    SD2 defaults for multi-outputs to match DAW outputs
    https://app.box.com/s/uvv6sut5lv0mt826jhhmpw9iuemwns8d

SD3 ... uh, no multi-outputs on same kit. Have to select multichannel outputs manually?

https://app.box.com/s/aq63nwaspuvwcmogzxhpqsoznw2i24gm

Take care,
    Cardamom

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Isn't there an option in your daw to choose multi-channel version of SD3 when you load the plugin?
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

4. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

If you are using reaper, at the top right corner of the fx window, between the Param and UI buttons there should be a plugin connector button that says 2/32 or something. Click on that and press the + button on the window that pops up until you have added the desired amount of stereo outputs.

5. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

In Cakewalk S3 is *always* multi out. It's not a function in S3, it's a question of setting up a route for those outputs in the DAW.

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

... right click in track list -> insert virtual instrument on new track -> select SD3 -> click Yes to confirm.

7. Arabian_jesus

Yes, but it will only open in stereo configuration at first if I'm not wrong? Or did you mean he has to do that first?

8. No Avenger

When the fx browser opens, does SD3 show multiple outs, like 'Toontrack Superoir Drummer (16out)' or something?

9. Arabian_jesus

Yes, it says Superior Drummer (32 out) but reaper doesn't automatically set all 32 outs, only stereo (2/32). That's why I thought that it was maybe the problem for him :) You have to add the rest of the channels manually in the reaper fx window by pressing the + sign until you have the desired amount of outs. It's not really a problem though, just takes a few seconds, but it may be hard to notice it if you are new to reaper or haven't used superior drummer in reaper before!

10. No Avenger

Very interesting and annoying. Seems to be a specific SD3 problem. This method works here with every multiout VSTi or fx.

11. SlayermanGR

SlayermanGR Ultrasonic

-Add SD3 in a track in Reaper
    -Open the track's FX window
    -Go to Options --> Build multichannel routing for output of selected FX
    -Done

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. No Avenger

That's the other method, but I'm curious if this will finally work with SD3. :unsure:

13. RiffMaster

RiffMaster Guest

Not sure if im being dumb and missing the point here , but i just open SD3 with multichannel routing then go to the mixer where every channel is set to out 1/2 and i assign them in whatever order and output that suits me for that kit , toontracks old way of multichannel prearranged outputs were always a pain because i would end up changing it to my preferences anyway

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. Arabian_jesus

Hadn't thought of that :facepalm: Good way to set up the tracks in reaper fast and then click apply multichannel outputs in SD3 mixer! I have already saved project templates with everything set up like I want for different types of projects so I don't really need to think about this stuff :)

15. RiffMaster

RiffMaster Guest

Oh shit so i was talking out my arse after all hahaha just found the multichannel outputs button in the mixer drop down menu lol i could av sworn they didn't exist anymore :rofl:

16. Cardamom

Cardamom Platinum Record

Man. Didn't see that you guys. Thanks. Mixer Tab - left most option - select 'Apply Multi-Channel Outputs'. One day, I'll do this thing called, "Reading the Manual". Thanks everyone. SOLVED!