Superior Drummer 3 MIDI Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by FireandBlood, May 23, 2023.

1. FireandBlood

FireandBlood Newbie

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right category to post this but I'm having an issue with Superior Drummer 3's MIDI location system. I have the base program installed on my PC, and the core library as well as all of my expansions are on an external hard drive. I have no issues of running the sound libraries, but there's no MIDI folders showing up, and I used the separate MIDI installer that came with the core library install.

When I go to the Grooves tab it says "No MIDI Library Found", and when I go to Libraries Setting to locate, the MIDI path goes to my external hard drive where the MIDI installer downloaded to. It doesn't let me change the path, and it tells me to close SD3, move the folder in Explorer and then use locate. Problem is that I must've moved the folder around so many damn times and nothing seems to be working. I'm at my wits end. Any help is greatly appreciated. Would really hate if I had to reinstall the whole goddamn thing...

3. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

Did u check inside the midi folder? the midi folder should be inside the library path

4. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

By default the MIDI repository for all toontrack drum stuff will be a folder called "%systemdrive%:\EZdrummer\MIDI". Do a system search for the folder name and if you have MIDI data from installed SDX's or EZX's they should all be in that folder. By the same token checking your Libraries/paths settings in SD3 there should be an entry similar to the capture below.

Capture.PNG

Check your folder structure and if you have a EZDrummer\MIDI folder on your system with MIDI data just "add the path to the folder" in SD3.

5. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

Hi, just drop all your midi folders in C:\ProgramFile(x86)\Common Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer\MIDI, then superior will stop being blind. Superior is truly a mess in this regard...

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  6. FireandBlood

FireandBlood Newbie

Hey guys thanks for your replies. I’ve done all of that already and it doesn’t seem to be working. It’s showing up that my default midi folder is on my extended hard drive, but it doesn’t let me actually change the folder path. It just says to close SD3, move the folder in explorer and then use locate. I’ve done all that but it still won’t let me change the path, and the locate button is grayed out. Shit is really starting to piss me off.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

Just press the "add library path" button. I have my midi data stored in this location F:/Superior Drummer/EZDrummer/Midi and Superior Drummer finds it just fine. If i recall correctly, when you install the program it asks where you want to put the core library and the default midi location you want. I'm pretty sure I pointed to the right midi path during install. But still just the hit button I already stated in my first sentence. If that doens't work, reinstall and point to the correct path in the first place.

How are you missing that big ass button that says "add path"?

8. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

First question would be - have you looked in the folder that SD3 currently denotes as its midi folder to see if there is midi data there (or anything at all even)? Typical valid entries in that folder look like the examples below with data under those root folders...

Capture.PNG

If not...
    Have you attempted to populate that folder with midi data and then seen to whether it acknowledges the data as being in that folder? If not then you may have other issues going on there...

Last edited: May 24, 2023