Superior Drummer 3 directory structure?

Discussion in 'Software' started by quadcore64, Feb 24, 2019.

1. quadcore64

quadcore64 Rock Star

Just wondering what the installed SD3 directory structure should look like.

Are all of the sound files in:
    SL-SuperiorDrummer3\Sounds or separate folders for each part?

Thanks in advance :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. lasteno

lasteno Producer

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

The sounds are all together in the SOUND folder as OBW files. Superior Drummer 3.0.3 Build 18723 on Windows 7.

Below is the structure of a Superior Drummer 3 library in which the Sounds folder is found:

Superior Drummer 3 directory structure 1.jpg

Below are the contents of the Sounds folder"

Superior Drummer 3 directory structure 2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  5. quadcore64

quadcore64 Rock Star

Thanks all for your info. Confirmed I had things correct.

Library patch complains about sound not being installed correctly.

Happy tracking!

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Which version are you using?

7. quadcore64

quadcore64 Rock Star

I am using last scene release v3.0.3.18723

Waiting for stable less buggy version before spending funds. Only using as a song writing aid.

8. Ghersic

Ghersic Newbie

I've a similar question, related to my post on troubleshooting preset availability here.

Am I correct in that post that the presets for Superior Drummer 3 (and probably other ToonTrack products) are stored in the following location?

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ToonTrack

Is that where you guys' Factory presets are stored?

9. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

wrong locations

EZX KITS
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer

ALL TT MIDI INCLUDING SDX MIDI
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer\midi

SDX Kits can be anywhere you just have to tell the program where they are. All of mine are in a single SDX folder on my 3rd harddrive. I just tell it to scan my one SDX folder and boom all show up and function.

Also the presets for the kits are inside the kit folders.. While toontrack makes multiple folders that look the same it doesn't do anything even the user presets are under C:/programdata/toontrack

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  10. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Also here is a more updated look Win10 [updated fully] with the Darkness SDX kit
    [​IMG]

11. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

I know this post is old,but i have a similar sort of question,so didn't want to make a new post.people are saying here that SD3 will find any SDX library anywhere regardless of where it is?not for me.i can't get SD3 to recognise any of them apart from the main factory library.there's a folder in Progam Data that has all the folders for SDX libraries pre-listed,but if you move it,it fucks up the factory library being found(which doesn't make sense,because i have it on a different drive)and it still wont recognise the expansions(keep getting the error message "not a valid library path")

Can somebody give me a real retard explanation as to how you do this?.i thought it would be plain sailing with me being able to get the entirety of the factory library recognised,but i've hit a brickwall with this

12. LarsYouPutz

LarsYouPutz Member

I found that even if you place the library on a different drive, you must keep the folder structure the same. So I've got some on C drive, and some on E drive since my C drive is being consumed by Toontrack...lol. You need to still set it up as if it's on C. So for instance mine is E:\Program Files (x86)\Toontrack\Superior\Superior Drummer\ and then your folder for the sound library should be SL-xxxx. Yes, you have to create all of those folders. Then S3 will recognize the path using the library manager. I tried various other ways, no go. If for some reason it's a S2 library, you also create a Superior 2.0 folder in the Superior Folder. So, E:\Program Files (x86)\Toontrack\Superior\Superior Drummer 2.0\SL-Allaire. Then you use the library manager to point to that library, ex. SL-Allaire.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  13. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

Thanks man i will try this.weirdly enough though,my SD3 factory library is just on the F drive in a folder simply called"Toontrack"and it loads fine.i tried doing the same thing with Progressive Foundry and NY Studio Drums,and i keep getting that same error message

Edit:so i just tried doing what you suggested and that doesn't work for me.i don't even have any sound library related files in Program Files,they all seem to go in Program Data.i copied that folder over as is to my F drive and placed Progressive Foundry for instance in the associate named folder annnd nothing.the thing i don't get at all is that the factory library gets found no issue in that folder i made in F "Toontrack"but anything i place in that same folder is not recognised.i opened the installerconfig in notepad and took a look in there and the folder structure and files all seem to be intact,but still SD3 wont recognise it:dunno:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  14. LarsYouPutz

LarsYouPutz Member

That's strange. I just downloaded Progressive Foundry last night, somehow I missed the release of that one. I thought I had it, but had the Progressive EZX only. Followed my method, worked immediately. All of my sound files are where the original Toontrack installer just put them, under program files(x86). Since then, not using an installer, I just went with the same default location. I've seen where others say they should be here, or there. I have a feeling it's based off of me originally running SD1, and it just kept adding new files to that same path. I do know that when I first tried to add additional libraries on a separate hard drive, splitting the locations, simply creating an E:\Toontrack folder, and placing the SL-xxxxx in there got me the same "not a valid library path" message. I tried lots of different things, then just decided, well, I'll give you an almost identical file path, minus the same drive letter, and it worked. Haven't had a problem since. I even just moved some older libraries off my C: drive since my kits load faster off the SSD drive. I keep the libraries I use more often on C(ssd) and ones that I just use pieces of on E(hdd).

Good luck, I hope you eventually get it sorted out!

15. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

All sorted mate.i had to amend a few lines in the installerconfig file as whoever supplied them seemed to have screwed them up.i said the installer configs were identical,but that turned out not to be the case.under a few entries the filesize was 0 when it should be 1.i had to do this on Progressive Foundry and a few others and it did the trick.serves myself right i guess for grabbing unknown magnet links :no:

Cheers again