Superior Drummer 3 "Additional Libraries"...

Discussion in 'Software' started by LuckySevens, Jul 14, 2020.

1. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

I'm on a Mac.
    Upon installing SD3 everything is working except SD3 cannot locate the MIDI grooves and the SDX's. I see that SD3 is expecting to find it in a folder called "Additional Libraries" which I don't see anywhere.

SD2 played the MIDI from the Library>Application Support>EZDrummer>MIDI folder in Application Support.
    When I point SD3 there, it doesn't see it.

Since I don't see an "Additional Libraries" folder (I can create one but need to know where it needs to be), I'm going to assume it needs to be inside the Library>Application Support>Toontrack>Superior Drummer 3>Additional Libraries folder?

Can anyone confirm this?

3. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

What I can tell you is, I have SD3 Full install and most ezdrummer kits, all of which are on an external drive
    Inside my Toontrack folder, I have an ezdrummer folder, and separate SL folders as well..
    I see that all my midi is within the ezdrummer folder, subfolder MIDI ...
    Hope this helps
    :grooves:

4. demha

demha Producer

Yes Howard is right but also note that your path to midi can be anywhere you place the midis but the default folder is /Library/Application Support/EZDrummer/MIDI Theres no folder called "Additional Libraries" as such.

Since theres 2 "library" folders in mac, make sure your in the right folder.
    Where your midi files should be >>> System/Library/Application Support/EZDrummer/Midi
    Where your midi database files should be >> /Users/"User Name"/Library/Application Support/Toontrack/Superior3

First Check if you do have your midis in the above midi folder.

Point it to the folder in SD3 and if you still dont see it or you have an exclamation mark in the grooves tab, then quit SD3.

Goto the database location mentioned above and then delete the MidiDB file and Open SD3. Should work if you actually have the midis.

Note even though you dont have EZDrummer installed SD3 still installs all midi to EZDrummer/Midi folder by default.

Curious, did you install the SD3 CORE MIDI library?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Des

Des Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I am new here.

Sorry for bumping up an old thread but I find myself in a similar situation.

I just installed SD3 and the main library and it works fine
    but i can't install the basic midi library because i have a newer version of Catalina.

I tried to get around the problem, but I couldn't find a way to make my midis appear in the GROOVES library.

How can I fix this?

6. demha

demha Producer

If you cant install the basic midi library "Superior3.Core.MIDI.1.0.0.WIN.MAC" , just open the dmg and extract the "midi" folder inside the "Contents" folder of the dmg, and paste it in the above path. If path is not there create it manually.

7. Des

Des Newbie

Yes , it worked!
    Thank you so much demha

8. Odious Blot

Odious Blot Member

I recently re-installed Windows and had this similar problem when installing from the most recent installer available, 3.2.7(?). It turns out that this (and a couple of the previous version installers) do not contain the midi files, so they are not installed when you install the program.. What I did to solve the issue was to install an older version (I think 3.2.3) that does include the midi files and hen install the newest version. Now all of the grooves are there.