Sunrizer by BeepStreet

Discussion in 'Software' started by xsze, Oct 4, 2015.

1. xsze

xsze Guest

Audio demos

A classic with a twist

Sunrizer is built upon a familiar subtractive synth design – but with a distinct character and a host of unique features. It starts with two oscillators and two sub-oscillators that deliver all of the basic waveforms and a perfect emulation of JP-8000 “supersaw”, with pulse width, frequency and ring modulation plus a lush unison mode. The oscillators are fed into two powerful filters with serial or parallel routing, offering traditional low-, high- and band-pass modes as well as comb, resonator, waveshaper, and frequency shifter algorithms – and more. To set all this in motion, Sunrizer has two ADSR envelopes and two LFO generators that can modulate virtually any parameter.
    Master of effects

Sunrizer has a very flexible effects section which boasts an input crossover filter that lets you apply them only on a specific part of the spectrum. There is a total of four effect modules – the first includes silky-smooth chorus, phaser and rotor algorithms alongside distortion, followed by stereo delay, two-band equalizer and a spacious and highly tuneable reverb. Yet with all this power Sunrizer still keeps the processor load low, thanks to heavy code optimizations.
    Powerfully live

Where the Sunrizer’s sound engine ends, the fun only starts. First off, each patch has two sets of parameters and the synth lets you morph between them – as smoothly or as wildly as you wish. Sunrizer also sports an arpeggiator that has fully programmable sequences and supports per-note transposition and randomization – together with chord memory it allows you to create elaborate yet finely controllable single- or multi-finger passages.
    Polished simplicity

Despite such an extensive feature list, Sunrizer has a single-screen design with finely crafted graphics that especially look gorgeous on Retina screens. All of its building blocks are logically arranged and easily accessible, with each individual parameter carefully calibrated. This lets Sunrizer give you a mix of utter pleasure and great productivity that is lacking in most unnecessarily overcomplicated synths.

[​IMG]
    Specifications

• Bespoke synth engine with 24 voice polyphony and very low processor load.
    • Two oscillators with multiple waveform types, hard-sync, pulse width modulation.
    • Oscillator mixer with ring modulator and separate noise source.
    • Per-oscillator unison function with variable detune and spread.
    • Two separate filter units with serial or parallel operation and 16 different algorithms each: low-, high- and band-pass, notch, comb, formant I/II, all-pass, power low- and band-pass, waveshaper, resonator, resampler, low-pass + resampler, frequency shifter, analog low-pass.
    • Two ADSR envelope generators.
    • Two LFO generators with sine, triangle, saw, square, sample & hold and random
      waveforms; variable phase, fade-in time and different trigger modes.
    • Master effects including chorus, phaser, rotor, EQ, delay and reverb.
    • Arpeggiator with deep sequencing capabilities.
    • Chord memory function.
    • A-B parameter morph feature: essentially two synth patches in one.
    • Factory sound bank with over 400 preset patches; full patch compatibility with the iPad version.
    Requirements

• Mac OS X 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.x
      • Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
      • Multicore CPU with SSE2
      • 1GB RAM, 30MB free disc space
      • AU/VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)

And even more

Beautiful Sunrizer improvisation #1

Beautiful Sunrizer improvisation #2
    7 minutes with Sunrizer

Goodies

Additional banks for Sunrizer - 5 banks, over 200 presets

Support

Sunrizer manual

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Thanks, new banks, gooooood!

4. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

this synth is the WORST roland jp80x0 emulation ever.
    sounds are awful. really. the raytraced 3d interface won't save the whole package, for sure.

next to my jp8080, it's a toy. next to most jp software emulations, it's a toy.
    even superwave synths, made with synthedit, sound FAR better, with ultra correct detuned saw waves
    look at kvr for some info: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/superwave_trance_pro_by_superwave/details

what a joke, this sunrizer instrument. really.

5. xsze

xsze Guest

Saw mentioned it on KVR in some thread, typed here, no mention of it, guess because it's that bad, sorry guys :rofl:

6. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

sure is pretty though. :)

7. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

this synth is great, my only problem with it is the arpeggiator which is not that intuitive.
    when you select a step it goes 'white' which makes reading the info there impossible.
    otherwise, great work and i hope they continue to develop it.

8. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

Yeah what a joke! :suicide:

Sunrizer is the first truly mature polyphonic synth for the iPad, a real, smooth and powerful sounding option for all sorts of stage and studio performances. – Mark Jenkins, author “Analog Synthesizers”

Virtual analogue synths are now all over the App Store, but this is one of the best. The most important thing is the sound... and it’s great. – MusicRadar

9. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

are you saying the synth is fantastic ?
    (lol, it's still 50 euros)

10. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

It's quite good on the iPad - nothing that thor wouldn't be able to cover, but a bit easier to use.
    For me it's no JP emulation but rather a useful synth with great presets.

11. statik

statik Audiosexual

i rather liked the sound of it on the ipad, dont care about emulation, i just liked what i heard while i was playing with it

12. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

No, just your opinion of it being a joke is bollocks

13. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

I own the iOS version. Sounds convincible for an iPad synth. Check out his Impaktor and Gyrosynth apps if you have an iOS device around.

On the desktop though, the UI looks cool but you can buy decent soft synths with less than $100 or even find a free alternative like Synth1 or Tyrell N6 with almost the same functionality.

And also my favorite VA :grooves:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020