Suno AI Music Creation Platform

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Rodger, Nov 30, 2023.

Tags:
  1. clone

clone Audiosexual

So there is some big explosion of new gig work for session drummers going on? In 2023, only one of those options costs any actual money. If you are the drummer, not getting the jingle-hut joke work; it doesn't matter to you. You don't get paid either way. The drums are put onto the recording by someone at a computer.

2. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

Ok, let's try to get out of the ideological clash and enter everyday life: I manage a multimedia studio, among the many audio/video productions that I carry out, I create ADV jingles for broadcast (those silly 30” songs you hear in commercials). Now I'm starting to use Suno and I find it useful, it saves me a lot of time in composing: I use it as a suggestion for melodies and for writing lyrics. Obviously what comes out of Suno is just the sketch, then I interpret it, I play the whole instrumental again based on Suno song, and finally have the choir sing over it. This is an example of how AI makes my life easier. I would add that in mix and mastering process I sometimes use AI plugins to speed up the workflow. Of course, there isn't much art in all this, I'm talking about daily routine, as @curtified say, Suno at the moment can be used as a copilot in composing a track.in any case I thank AI for the support and I hope that it becomes more and more elaborate in the future

3. Thotu

Thotu Ultrasonic

Idea? The way it is going, it would be creating finished songs in no time, that won't need any middleman, that will render you useless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. robie

robie Kapellmeister

So when we cut through your carefully crafted word salad of misdirection and detours, what it boils down to is you're not really a musician and as a composer you work on the equivalent of junk food. Now I understand your nonsense a little bit better. Thanks for clearing that up, and have a wonderful holiday. Enjoy the process of attempting to have AI make you feel like you're the real deal. :rofl:

5. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

I'm trying to demonstrate that it's wrong to consider AI a threat to your monthly check, as far as I'm concerned, it saves me time and money

6. Ryck

Ryck Guest

You're saying that using AI is the same as replacing a drummer, for example, with a VST or another device. What I'm trying to convey here is that it's very different when you're a music creator and, due to limitations, you use an 'artificial' drum kit, whether it's an AI or a VST. When I share my songs with people and they ask, 'Did you play the drums?' I say no, I used a VST. Correct? Now, the mention here is about 'creating' lyrics with AI, which is false; it's actually generating lyrics. I explained earlier why.

Now, what you mention in the professional context is inevitable because there are interests involved. I'll give you an example from years ago. I went with a friend who had a keyboard with tracks and my guitar to a pub/bar, and the owner said, 'I'm interested in having two of you because a full band costs me more, and I can't have too much noise.' So, it's understood that someone will always take advantage, regardless of the artistic aspect. Now, with AI, perhaps for someone creating music for TV or movies with a heavy workload, it's more efficient to use AI. Fine. Now, that's not called 'creating'; it's called generating music. I believe there are two ways to approach AI: as a tool, like using a VST, or to have it do everything for you. But in the latter case, let's not deceive ourselves—you're not an artist or composer if AI generates everything for you.

7. Ryck

Ryck Guest

You interpret AI as a threat to our monthly paychecks, and many of us see AI as a threat to art. Totally different things, but apparently, art doesn't matter to you; what matters is the money that AI can generate for you

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

Who cares where they get it from, but it wasn't work a musician was getting in the first place. Does Emeril close down a restaurant when a McDonalds opens on the same street? People are acting like they are concerned about future work they aren't going to get, even though they already aren't getting it now. Do you think Banksy worries about some hack with Photoshop? The only problem is when you are the hack with Photoshop.

The way some supposed "musicians" talk to others on here would make you think they are playing Rachmaninov from memory.

9. nism

nism Ultrasonic

Even today on Spotify, it takes hours of searching to find a specific song (that will please YOU).
    Pressing a button? Soon there will be a lot of push-button music, and people will get fed up and look for something different, something unique (for their taste).

10. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Applaud your optimism, but for now, It also saves time and money for your competition too, which will result in lower prices and higher competition. Unless none of the competition starts competing while saving money and time, but yeah, even before you could find someone who will do everything you do for even less. I actually worked for company like that and I'm pretty sure their music needs will be covered by AI pretty soon and their prices even lower than now. There was broadcast channels that would pay less than 200 bucks for exclusive rights to your music and I know people who were desperate enough to deliver tons of music to put food on their table. Doubt they will pay even that after they can get that work for 10 bucks out of AI in matter of seconds. But time will tell, let's get back here in few years and talk reality instead of uncertain future.

11. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Suno's AI will only flatten and lower the quality of those who use that medium on the market and... that's a good thing for those who know how to cook! :metal:
    All those songs on Suno sound the same because they all draw on the same cloning metric formula and algorithm.
    It's background music for dentist's offices or elevators, stuff for medium beginners...

All the melodies I've heard so far are tasty crap......
    When the AI will creates things like 'Yesterday', 'The long and winding road', Bach's 'Brandenburg Concertos', Vivaldi's the Four seasons or 'Dies Irae and Lacrimosa' from Mozart's Requiem, or even 'Smoke on the water', Stairway to Heaven (and hundreds of other wonderful songs) then let me know and... I'll start to worry :winker:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
  12. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

its very very close, you can start worrying now lol. especially at the rate the tech improves exponentially

13. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

shinyzen > its very very close

Now that you've told me tonight I won't be eating dinner out of worry... :)

AI can only improve the algorithm of where, how and what it has to copy but it is fundamentally stupid... it will never create any masterpiece. :wink:

If your level of music writing is 'ditties' or supermarket backgrounds then you have to worry, but if you write strong stuff then sleep tight. :winker:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  14. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Newsflash : musicians don't make a living churning out masterpieces.

15. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

You are right, not all of them... but a good proportion try and often succeed.
    I believe that the arrival of the AI will push us artists to do even better than what we did before and improve our offer even more.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  16. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

I'm starting to think you are completely disconnected from reality lol.

17. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

No, it doesn't hold up. According to this theory of yours we should also reject any other technological innovation we have had so far. Maybe it would have been better to remain stuck in the 16th century, playing music with the harpsichord and the white wig on the head? I know that you use the computer to play music: perfect. I remind you that in the 80's anyone who played electronic instruments connected to the computer was considered a scammer by the canonical musicians, then we all know how it ended.
    For now, AI is just a new technological step to make our lives more comfortable, I am sure that with its development, the new generation of interesting AI artists will also emerge

18. Terryoi

Terryoi Noisemaker

The difference is that creating electronic music still requires a certain amount of skill and effort, be it learning how to play the keyboard or even drawing notes in your DAW and figuring out how to make everything sound good together and turning it into a full song, but with AI like this that generates full songs at the press of a button within a few seconds, it requires no effort or skill whatsoever which means that anyone can do it, with all the consequences that this entails especially for musicians.

And even though the technology is far from perfect yet, it advances so rapidly that i think that very soon it will be able to fully replace most musicians, as is happening already with graphic designers and artists.

There's a big difference between using AI tools to assist you in some parts of the songwriting or music creation process which imo is fine, but it's a completely different thing to have AI do all the work for you which means it can replace you altogether.

19. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I mean that's why I created Replay. And am an advisor on suno, and soundful. I embraced the AI revolution coming a while ago and wanted to work with not against the new paradigm.

20. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

I don't know, maybe... in the meantime I still manage to sell my songs :yes: :winker:
    In any case, I will continue to listen to good music played by great musicians...

And if it goes really bad... we will change and do something else.
    No doctor ordered me to be a musician, I will sacrifice myself and be a toy boy for female showbiz stars: there is also a need for this in the world! :rofl: