Suno AI Music Creation Platform

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Rodger, Nov 30, 2023.

Tags:
  1. wamto

wamto Member

Publishing raw AI material is indeed controversial, However, for educational purposes and as a creative tool, it's time for us to open our minds and see the potential benefits. Extensive research will eventually showcase the neurological and biological advantages.

Consider singing as a musician. You'll hear your own voice doing the impossible. This stimulates your brain, connecting the dots and sending signals to your muscles, kickstarting a new level of training.

Ultimately, integrating AI into music leads to more work and growth, not less,
    But That's the glass half full ,if you know what i mean...

world with more trained singers please :guru:

2. StormChaser

StormChaser Producer

There were a few people on discord putting up spectrum analysis screenshots showing the issues with frequencies which was interesting to read and see although way over my head.

In time this will all get better for sure, I cant wait for the day to be fair as it is fun, especially now you can upload you own audio to it which I also tried with my own lyrics and it created an amazing song out of it but, ruined it by the quality which was so sad, the vocal was amazing on what it did with my lyrics and what it used from my 45 second piano piece I gave it.

3. StormChaser

StormChaser Producer

I really dont know enough about the workings of these tools or what is needed to make them sound good, certainly what you said is the same as what a few people were posting the other day with their screenshots and diagrams literally pointing out to anyone reading it where some of the low quality audio issues lie.

I have no idea how some people are selling their creations in its current audio state.

4. StormChaser

StormChaser Producer

They dont even answer people in Discord on the issues people have been facing :)

I can certainly see how that would be the case.

This sounds way above my pay grade but certainly sounds very interesting.

5. LinoBanfi

LinoBanfi Pending Deletion

when I compose music, I love finding quicker and more effective ways to get to the point.
    All the items in this list are part of the compositional method, not the final goal: when I can avoid wasting time, then I am even happier.

6. LinoBanfi

During the recent European elections, I was in charge for the hymn of a political party: I gave them a Suno song and after a good mastering, nobody noticed any audio issue. Actually they’ve been amazed by it.

7. StormChaser

StormChaser Producer

There have been some less so quality issue creations for sure, but there are some genres which really fall prey to this overdriven, distorted, wishy-washy sound as I exampled earlier up the thread which is more what I was hoping to create style and conception wise.

But I am glad you got something working for you even with a litte post, thats awesome, I mean I did too to a degree, but it would be so cool if every creation turned out great audio quality wise, which hopefully will come in time.

Suno is only about 6 months old and is already amazing in what it does, myself and many others just want to accelerate forwards and really get to the good stuff and its potential.

Still not sure how I would use it like as I will never stop actually making music the good old fashioned way, AI can never replace that.

A true musician knows how the magic feels when a song comes together, all the steps, all the stages from conception to completion, no AI will ever give me that, as much as I would never allow it to try and take that magic away from me but, a balance of the two different worlds could be fun in some aspects.

8. LinoBanfi

I confess: I am not an artist, I'm a sinner
    In general, when customers choose me for a creative job, the first thing I do is summarize their brefing with the requests, to then bring it into ChatGPT (just to focus the concept), after which I throw the result into Suno and Udio. The moment I've listened to about fifty different AI generated demo songs, I start to have some raw material to start with. From the various AI tracks I start to steal ideas: chord progressions, parts of lyrics, structures etc.. to then play an original product that makes logical sense. Actually is the same workflow I used all my life, based on stealing. Can this be considered art? I don't know and I don't bother asking myself the question: ghostwriting is my thing and AI it's just a way to get to the final goal in the quickest and most effective way possible.
    Anyone who, like an artist, believes their work is superior to any AI musical creations, has nothing to fear for the future. Those instead who see AI as a threat, are better off stopping being an artist: this technology is rampant and it will get worse and worse for you, hurry up finding a different job

Last edited: Jun 15, 2024
  9. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

Why you ask for singers?

10. Alfgw

Alfgw Kapellmeister

Great music.
    By the way, new Suno extend (upload) original song part is something very artistic, starting with an original idea, and Letting the AI show some posible developments.
    Used my original song, just the hook.
    In suno-library- upload, you can upload a fragment of a song and extend .. it continues the idea.
    https://suno.com/song/36d67425-f732-486a-a859-5843606c39d9

Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
  11. curtified

curtified Rock Star

This tech is less than a year old..........

12. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Rock Star

:woot: I don't want that AI eat my nuts!!! Please!!! That's the only ones I have!!!:crazy:
    :excl: And don't talk to me about artificial ones, can't make babies with this shit!!! :excl:
    (What a nutty thread... :deep_facepalm: Sorry... ===>>>)

13. Alfgw

Alfgw Kapellmeister

14. Choosename

Be carefull, reading Suno's terms of service and asking another AI :

Ownership and Royalty-Free Status:

• For free users, Suno retains ownership of the generated music, but users can use the sound recording for lawful, non-commercial purposes with attribution credit to Suno.
    • For paid subscribers, Suno grants ownership of the sound recording, as long as they comply with the terms of service.
    • However, there are concerns about Suno's terms of service, which may allow them to use submitted lyrics in their own AI-generated songs, potentially claiming authorship or selling them without compensation or attribution to the original songwriter.
    Intellectual Property Rights:

• Suno's terms of service raise concerns about the protection of intellectual property rights, particularly for songwriters who submit copyrighted lyrics.
    • By using Suno, songwriters may waive their rights to control how their lyrics are used and presented, potentially opening the door to misattribution or alteration of their creative expression.
    • Suno can sublicense and assign these rights to third parties, allowing other entities to exploit the submitted lyrics.
    Your Rights Over the Content Generated:

• If you upload a part of a song and Suno completes it, your rights over the content generated are limited.
    • As a free user, Suno owns the generated music, and you can only use it for lawful, non-commercial purposes with attribution credit to Suno.
    • As a paid subscriber, you may own the sound recording, but Suno's terms of service may still allow them to use your submitted lyrics in their own AI-generated songs or sublicense them to third parties.
    Conclusion:

• It's essential to carefully review Suno's terms and conditions before using their service, especially if you're a songwriter or composer who wants to protect your intellectual property rights.
    • Be aware that Suno's terms of service may allow them to use your submitted lyrics in ways that could compromise your control over your creative work and potential financial gain.

15. Alfgw

Alfgw Kapellmeister

In this case, I’m only testing the tool. I don’t know much about the laws, but as far as I understand, AI is an area not clearly regulated by specific laws. Even with strict laws, big companies always seem to win because they have the money to pay for lawyers. However, AI is advancing so fast that no one can keep up with its pace.

16. Choosename

Just FYI, Terms of service that nobody really reads never, when you sell your soul for free stuff. No money no glory!

17. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

so.....

how bout that lawsuit...

18. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Perhaps im being ignorant'
    As i dont know much about this topic

I dont understand , if indeed its A:i based software taking the creativity and whole process away from the programmer

"How is that something anybody can truly enjoy, or try to be an advocate for' and even if it were capable of of truly awe inpired classical pieces i myself struggle to see the point"

I did say perhaps im ignorant as i know nothing of this other than what i deem to be obvious

19. odod

odod Rock Star

20. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record