Suno AI Music Creation Platform

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Rodger, Nov 30, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

2. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

be careful what you wish for, you just may get it. There are no good fairys writing software.,
    if you look at all the crappy software over the years from dos 1.0 to windows 13, there is a few good things and a lot of crappy stuff,
    AI was made by humans it will be the same, just less people will be able to afford it, so rent it at 28% interest because you must have it to create whatever your job requires, that now doesnt pay enough to live on because AI don't eat or sleep. so yeah
    cheers...
    good times, except probably not...

3. Garamondo Furbish

you know how they used to burn books?
    well in the future the bonfires will be burning tech, computers,phones, routers,etc..

4. Garamondo Furbish

NDA is an Non Disclosure Agreement. you would have to sign one to learn anything not known to the public, at which point you would not be able to disclose anything or your wouldn't have a pot to piss in. Your client has also signed an NDA and will likely just blow smoke up your azz.

you must learn to crawl before you walk in the business world. or they'll have you on your knees forever...

5. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

6. Magic Max

Magic Max Platinum Record

I'm still finding it a refreshing way to work. Reminds me of my days as a studio owner where a song would be presented to me and I'd make suggestions regarding arrangements. An old fashioned music producer. AI takes me out of the equation which is nice for a change.

7. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

If used right, AI can be better than the shitty ass construction kits most of you download on the sister site. The people that are complaining are the same people downloading Splice and stuff like that and calling themself artists. Better start doing something that no AI can't do yet instead of shitty ass rock ballads or crappy ass lofi beats. If artificial inteligence is smarter than you, yes, you should be afraid.

8. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Kapellmeister

That´s the point!
    BUT!....... the fact ONLY , that we are talking and considering that statement , means that there is something bothering us, at least my person!

Yes , for now its a "tool" that is somewhat cool to use , and can help you get along with your (human) made composition.
    Im sure , it will not end there!.

IMO ,.... in about 10 (?) years , the whole mainstream music , will be A.I and it will be as good as todays mainstream.
    because the Algoritm will be fed , with human "better seeking results".

Okay , -some will say , todays mainstream is already crap, so why bother?
    So we will have the cheapest ever made music as a massproduct, where nearly noone gets paid for it and noone wants to pay for it !
    -Its only made by a frickin computer !

But then; - what will happen to MANMADE music ? Maybe we have to get a Definition for that first?- A Label?
    -Will they be compared to A.I ? , -Will real musicians get more payed because there is A.I ?

Remember the hype about midi , in the early 80s , where some people thought "Oh, the computer is playing the Keyboard" - that´s a shame !" Until someone told them "The computer only outputs what a human puts into , you have to have some musical background to use it !"
    Until now , we all have been happy about the convience of all those VST-instruments , plugins ,Ezdrummers ....and so on.
    even with all their "suggestion-modes" "shall i play a nice beat for you, dear User ?"

But A.I Is something DIFFERENT! . No musical skills needed!
    It will learn steady , because we let it.

And in 30 years , no young ppl will learn an Instrument. Guitarfactorys will close, Pianos are no longer build.
    why should they learn to play something, if u can input a textprompt , and voila: there is my music ?
    they will not KNOW what the "real stuff is ,or was... "cause they never touched it."

And the DAW-makers out there , will soon adopt A.I , they will also get that textprompt and voila: -all your tracks will pop up (drums, keys, timpani , flute , shredguit ) automaticly ,with the right effectchains , and u can edit further from here. If you want to.

I apologize for beeing doomsday , im just worried about human art.

9. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

But no musician will hit play at Suno or other general AI and claim themselves 'musicians'. No one can build a solid career being a prompt killer. If you do, you're probably going to be the new Milli Vanilli or Sid Vicious. AI makes things easier, not done. Those making AI songs are probably people just having fun or using as a tool to quick tasks as ads, jingles, something like that.

10. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

"It's all fun and games until someone looses an eye" said my grandmother!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

Humanity is not doing so well lately, the distopia is already here, we can only run forward, may be AI will help humanity to fix some things. AI is going another complexity layer. Unstoppable because affects the working force and capital in his more basic forms, and unpredictable.

Can you imagine AI would help to cure cancer?

12. Garamondo Furbish

think of AI as an amplifier you can't turn off, it will make everything change very fast. Humans can only work up to a certain range of change. when the range and/or rate of change becomes too fast, it breaks, chaos erupts.. remember if AI can cure cancer, it can cause cancer, its all in the hands of the user, until ai becomes sentient then all bets are off and you should have a cave reserved in a nice area to ride things out.

13. lordradish

lordradish Ultrasonic

This will give the people who hold down one key on a Kontakt patch for 20 minutes and call themselves 'ambient' musicians a run for their money in terms of making generic, zero-effort shit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Garamondo Furbish

the ocean typically erodes the coast slowly, but sometimes a tsunami comes by to destroy things really quickly. I think Ai will become a tsunami and lots of beginners will go out on the shore to see all the fishes left by the tide going outside so far, not thinking that it will come back in even farther.
    we discuss AI in a creative context, but that is not the real reason for AI, that is a distraction to keep us from discussing the real use of AI.
    AI will be a weapon that doesn't sleep,doesn't eat, doesn't love or hate, just does the bidding of those in control of it.

15. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

We as a species know how to prevent cancer...stop using chemicals that disrupt our natural healing process as well as turn our own cells into murderous zombies that are in the water and food supply as well as the air we breathe. If for love of financial profit this won't happen then why would those that harbor the power and fund the resources of AI turn it loose to find a cure for cancer and share it with the masses? If the same financial powerhouses that satisfy that lust of power through corrupt moral certitude fund AI research then why would they be likely to share it outside a select circle and keep it amongst themselves? I wonder if AI could write a catchy song about that (my crafty tie into the thread, by me, The King of Tangental Off Topic Debouchery)?

I don't know the answer, but lately in the last 15 years how many Rockefellers or Rothchilds have died of cancer? I'll guess none.

16. Garamondo Furbish

Cancer has a multitude of causes, it can be radiation or chemicals or viruses or a combination, the body produces cancer often because old cells often don't die they just go rogue.

Its our immune system that shuts that shit down and as long as its strong and robust it can do it, as we age or our health falters due to environmental or other reasons, the body can no longer fight as it should. its a balancing act if the immune system is too strong we get autoimmune diseases and chronic inflammation, too weak and we are host for disease.

best we can do is look after our health, everything else is predicated on it. yes the world is trying to kill us daily, yes we must arise each day and do battle. it is the life of a man.

17. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Kapellmeister

I wouldnt say so.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/win-rockefeller-dead-at-57/

Let´s not talk about conspiracy-theorys in this thread.
    Let us do something , that let´s the origin of making songs to be left to humans.

Art for arts sake !! (10cc)

..please tell me , that what starts at 5.16 will A.I never achive !

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Some people actually play instruments, multiple instruments even, some of them don't download anything from the sister site, some of them don't even use premade samples or presets. Some like to start everything from scratch. Anyways, some people have nothing to worry about because their product can't be replaced by AI, because the product is them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

That was 18 years ago and so the answer is none in the last 15 years. I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

20. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

I'm building very complex comfyUI worlflows that can do a wide variety of things in terms of image generation and animation. I'm even getting paid for doing that. I'll dare you to dive into that world unpprepared and say that everything is done by the AI. I'm also a music composer and I compose just for the joy of express myself. I couldn't care more about like Suno and Udio. they are not giving me nor dopamine or serotonine by using them, no like my daw and my keyboard does. And that's why the majority of musicians will keep playing despite of this new toys, and they will be incorporating them into their workflows as soon as they become serious tools, which now they aren't.

Do you think my kid is going to give a fuck about all these debates while growing up? He's gonna live on the Humans+DeepLearning paradigm like we grow with the Humans+Internet one with little complains about it. And if you are so worried about it... Are you doing something about it? Are you on a strong union or planning to create one? Are you teaching your kids by example of how your rights are defended? Cause that's the only tool that is going to ease this new paradigm for the majority of us.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024