Suno AI Music Creation Platform

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Rodger, Nov 30, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

Most countries are building machine-gun carrying drones and there's already an AI weapons race. It's only a matter of time before AI makes its own attack decisions. Although who would you trust with the decision to blow something up, AI or Donald Trump? - Don't answer that!

2. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Be careful, you're stepping on the "politics" territory, I think...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

It's true, I made a political point and I apologise... But, it suggests a wider question of whether humans are more trustworthy than AI when it comes to making decisions involving the welfare of humans. It depends on how the AI is programmed of course, but then it also depends on how the human is programmed. Asimov wrote his laws of robotics:

'A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.'

Our leaders will probably want to alter those rules but of course these rules are only fiction anyway, in reality there are no rules. Think about that.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

In fact there are four laws, Asimov added the fourth a little later and which says: “A robot cannot harm humanity or, by its inaction, allow humanity to be harmed.”
    But the problem is that that is only literary fiction, in reality no one has written anything and if a robot decided to do something nothing would stop it (see Optimus at Tesla factory).

However, I believe that here our great discussion and concern must be regarding the consequences that AI will have on our work as musicians, singers and artists in every sector... (writers, graphic designers, lyricists, screenwriters, actors etc.).

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  5. nism

nism Ultrasonic

Why in the music platform thread there si so much shit about sci-fi, syndoms, gun carrying drones and other stuff? Are you so fricken blind not seeing you are in the better position (using AI) than anyone else? You learnt the music stuff already and you can use it (with an AI help) better than young folks busy with smartphones (who may never have time for learning). What is your problem?

6. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

the young folks busy with smartphones will be able to make the same quality of music with their phones in minutes, that we have spent our entire lives learning how to make. Sure, we may have a slight advantage of taste making, knowing what calls to make where etc, and yah its best to learn the tools and use them.

7. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Kapellmeister

I´m completly baffeld !
    It´s not my favoured musicstyle but after hearing this :

https://www.udio.com/songs/coixNX1gnJ1oWT8z2LQddk

...and now your telling me "IT´S COMPLETLY AI ! " - makes me honestly; -really scared. I think its really good.

I´m sure that some of you can hear some artifacts , -lack of soul(humanity) ,-dynamics and maybe bad Eq-ing , on some parts.
    But: -if this is the beginning of a Tech .... - where will it lead us ?
    That song has already 22k klicks.... and the only "work" for the only human that "created" this "Art" was entering
    the associated tags in a text buffer ? really ??

I just recently started with some vocalremover , just for the fun of it, that led me to suno.ai and especially udio.com.
    uido.com is still beta , but you can already enter a Songstructure like [Verse], [Chorus], [Hook], [Guitar Solo], or [Drop].

I will not blame people using this. Noone stops tech evolution. I am just worried where AI will take us.
    For now, I see bad times for many, (maybe not all) people that make a living from music creation , let it be -small studios , -jinglecreators,
    -commercials, -soundenginners ...and so on.

Will we see copyrightclaims ( ..maybe of the human VOICE !! ) in the near future ?
    Rick Beato has a vid on this:

Interesting at time 9.08

My prediction is , that mainstream will be flooded with AI-music, and soon ..just a few of us , will hear a difference, because "the difference" will become lesser and lesser. Look at what happend to mp3 , we all know it´s "less audio-quality" and still;-it´s here to stay. It´s mainstream-compatible.
    Many contentcreators will have to quit their profession/jobs.They will become dispensable.
    Even in printservices, and other categories I even can´t think of right now.
    And by following this thread so far : -Yes ,-as with all new technology: AI-music will also bring new opportunities, but definetly not for all.

I somehow , -sorry for getting pathetic or sentimentel , feel hurt.
    I feel bad about that AI will take over the creativity of art, based on human input.
    Of course I want A.I. !
    I want that beatiful looking housemaid-robot in 20 years... that does my laundry , cooking and cleaning.
    But I do not want A.I to create music for me. I want music made from humans to humans , with all their styles , flaws and shortcomings.
    I want a voice that sings just like the Singer feels the song he/she is singing. It´s just real.
    guess I´m oldskool. ( ..picking up my guitar, strummin ,,,writing down chordprog. thinkin of some lyrics ) :guitarhero:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

When you first attempt all of these "AI" music-generating programs, they may appear impressive, but after utilizing them, you will realize that they are crap. The same loops are merged, the motifs are the same, and there are approximately 20 patterns for each genre. There is no actual artificial intelligence behind anything. It is basically a lot of CPU processing power that allows them to quickly assemble loops and midi files from numerous databases. really limiting and often really foolish.

9. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

A lot of the styles, certainly those first in line to be replaced by AI generated stuff, are already algorithmic, soulless corporate cash grabs though. Formulaic, identical garbage spurt out on a conveyor belt.

What will happen when AI will be able to generate improvisation in real time? Will it be able to fool even the most experienced jazz musicians? Most people already think all jazz sounds the same. Will there be an AI punk as a reaction to complex AI music? Will it come up with tortured outsider art?

I think we're really close to a paradigm shift where EVERYTHING we think about art is gonna be reconsidered.

The most depressing part is, those philosophical conversations will also be in the form of AI generated articles by bots themselves.

But ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway? I'll still be playing my imaginary guitar solos.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Beetlejuice

@muciones Yes , I agree , especially for some common mainstream music styles.

But my fear is that the Algorithm(s) will evolve , because you can re-upload the "creation" multiply times for further analyses and then the AI "learns more and more" .. and someday AI plays " Black Betty " (Ram Jam ) with even more breaks,fills , and time signature changes.

I believe my mentioned link above ( Carolina-O) was also "refined". Cant believe that was "one take".

11. Magic Max

Magic Max Platinum Record

I'd never heard of this until yesterday. So I threw some lyrics into it and suggested a style and I'm ready to give up even trying to write. This thing can do what I've been attempting to do for forty years.

12. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Being a woman?

13. The King

The King Guest

I'm happy that you're satisfied.:bow:

TBH, AI is not be able to make what I am looking for even in 5000 years. :mates:

14. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

I would like AI takes all the way out, the distance between a computer / machine and humans.
    That helps to bring a lot of ideas into reality. There will be comercial space for handcrafted stuff, but AI is gonna get human create exponentially, to the point everything gets saturated. But the point is, what is good, will be good anyways.
    If an AI is able to create a song you can enjoy, where is the problem? The lost of jobs? So the problem is the money.
    May be AI find a solution for the money thing too. But this revolution is non stop, and we will see it. Amazing to live in this moment, for the possibilities, and all the changes are gonna happen soon. :winker: And amazing results from this tool.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  15. Beetlejuice

Yes ,thats one problem.Most artists have been payed badly eversince. Everywhere where the machine has replaced humans, there was loss of jobs.In the fysical hard working sector it sure had benefits.(less people working, but more health ,and more consistent quality products ) ....and more profit for the ceo's.
    Im not gonna get political but : A.I will not pay taxes , recieve payment, or pay unemployment Insurance.
    A.I never needs medical care. In the Speed that A.I is evolving....are we ready for this ?

Agree. So A.I will take that human created "good" , refine it , and then that's the new "good" ? That's then gonna be the new "good" ? Scary.
    Today ,we can (still) divide human content from the A.I. Future generations will be less qualified to be able to.
    Im not sure if thats a good thing.

16. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

We've never been so unprepared as a global workforce, but that's not this specific tech fault.

The new paradigm will be humans plus IA, no humans vs IA. Diffusion models are a brand new media and we are yet to discover what we can achieve with it. Is no different when the Lumiere brothers projected a train leaving the station and some people ran out in fear that the train will pass over them. Just a few years after we had a poweful industry with tons of new works that couldn't not be imagined prior that. A new form of human expresion that mixes LLMs with Diffusion models and probably interactivity is on the way, but we don't know yet how is going to be. There is going to be a lot of mediocre stuff and a very few genius on the field, so there will be no difference with the current era of noise.

And if the human spirit dies for a while, then others will do a Butlerian Jihad overtime. :rofl:

17. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

People getting depressed because an A.I. made a bad rendition of a mid Yael Naim song used in a iPod commercial in 2010 is hilarious.

- "I prompted this and I got that, my life is over !"
    - Procceeds to post the most generic half-assed song with zero style or personnality from a dead music era that wasn't even good to begin with.

And that "Destructive Tears - Rock wife" song got me in tears...
    of laughter !

It's bad in a very funny way :rofl:

@tylerv love your studio !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Which platform did you use, suno or another?

19. Neponset

Neponset Ultrasonic

The really depressing thing about A.I. is that you start to realise how low most people's standards are

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Beetlejuice

Listen.

Read The Description.
    It says: " Music generated by Udio. Lyrics wrote by me. "

-Despite your favourite music genre , is it really so bad ?
    -Does that what you hear have some sense of soul ?
    -Does it affect you positiv, maybe just a little bit ?

I think: A writer just became a music composer.

A new era will come.
    There will certainly still be musicians around, (some must have made the initial playing , recording and singing) , - but there will be less of them.

We´ve come a long way, since the 1999
    "2 second sample lawsuit" involving the german group Kraftwerk
    and hip-hop producer Moses Pelham.
    https://www.factmag.com/2019/07/30/kraftwerk-sample-lawsuit-metall-auf-metall-verdict/

Exciting times we are living in - and a bit scary.

The Times They Are A- Changing - Dylan.