Summer Sales

Discussion in 'Software' started by aymat, Jun 4, 2016.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Couple of big summer sales right now, including stuff from UAD and PluginAlliance. I'm probably going to take advantage of the UAD sale but I'm not too familiar with some of the PluginAlliance stuff apart from the SPL plugins.

I see they have a Brainworx Limiter on sale for $19 right now (normally $160). Does anyone here have any experience with it and if you do, would you consider it a "go to" plugin? Also, what are your thoughts on Brainworx stuff in general? Worth the money or too much hype?

3. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

I am a PA Brainworx legit user. My favourite are bx_digital V3 (m/s for master buss), bx_stereomaker (mono to stereo) and bx_refinement (wipeout harsh). A special note for Maag EQ4 and its Air Band. bx_limiter is good for submixes, not for master buss (MusiRadar review).

My suggestion: before you open your wallet think what you really need, and test the demos.

4. mlb4sheaz

mlb4sheaz Ultrasonic

I use BX Limiter. its very good. I love how its set up in the fact you can drop one slider to control the peaks and then increase the volume with the second slider. It also has the xl feature built in to throw a bit of saturation on top. I tend to use it over my other limiters now as a sound design/mixdown tool. At $19 its a bargain

5. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

6. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

Klevgränd are selling Pressit for only $4.99. worth a look
    (after June 10th, it will go back to $49.99)

bx_limiter at $19 is a bargain, its quick and easy to use (not really a loudness war style limiter, which is a good thing imho). i was happy with paying, i think it was, $50ish + VAT for it.