Sugar, Opiates & Bad Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by black.afrika.zulu.x, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Well, almost everything is derivative of something else, but your little riff off of outgrow is poetic, expansive and does not end at the second syllable.
    I think all is relative to everyone and every thing. The same things happen to all of us, happiness, sadness, joy, fear, birth and ultimately death. A new trap song talking about shit today is the same basic shit that happened yesterday and the same shit coming at us tomorrow, just filtered through different ears and eyes that would imagine that it is not. Danger is danger when it comes from a tiger, virus, military boots pounding or nuclear annihilation. Fear is fear and love is love. An 88 year old dreams of past glories, a 20 year old the glories (hopefully) to come. I'm in the middle too dreaming, under the same stars and superliquid setting sun.

2. Clayton123

Clayton123 Producer

Man watch out you're becoming a fuddy duddy! It is massively influenced by a new lifestyle a lot of these young kids have and so if you're not in that lifestyle then it's hard to understand. That's the secret to appreciating all genres of music is understanding where they're coming from. For god sake Jazz was considered drug influenced sex influenced devil music. Now Jazz is the tamest genre there is! Mozart was a scoundrel he was a womanizer and a drunk! Never mind rock n roll! I love a lot of this new stuff. And I love Jimi Hendrix. And Hendrix was a drug crazed, sex having young rascal. I love Led Zeppelin and I love Chief Kief. Watch out! Becoming a fuddy duddy is the one sure way to cut yourself off from growing as an artist and to alienate yourself and ensure your irrelevance and obsolescence. Normally I don't comment on threads like these I just kind of crack up but for some reason I did today.

3. black.afrika.zulu.x

black.afrika.zulu.x Platinum Record

The end.

4. black.afrika.zulu.x

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

The way I see it hip hop emerged through the development of cheap and accessible technology in the late 70's & 80's Think drum machines, turntables, cheap samplers. At first it was still pretty expensive & technical enough to prohibit your average sugar addicted crack head from bothering. As the genre became more popular so too some very talented producers and lyrcists tried their hand at the new genre. Record labels would filter through demos and throw the bad one's straight into the trash.

Fast forward 2018 and working laptops and midi controllers are to be found atop any dumpster or for "50 cent" at the local good will store. Now every second misguided idiot thinks they are an "artist" or a "producer" The technological revolution has empowered many to be creative, but now the floodgates are open and we are awash with the excrement of foul human minds.

Mix that up with equal proportions of sugar, agricultural chemicals, pharmaceuticals, crack, meth, heroin, then throw in a good helping of brain damage and and you have modern "hip hop" (which of course has less than zero do to with actual hip hop of the 70s & 80s, therefore I propose a new label for this genre, which I like to call "TRASH")

God Bless the USA :bow:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  6. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

The problem with modern hip hop is, its all about the ego, power and fake dreams.
    None of that makes you happy because its not real.
    Everyone in life searches for love, to be accepted and respected, you cant demand respect.
    They drink, they hide behind the image, drugs and cry at night, stuff like this always comes back to haunt you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

Agreed, Hip Hop is surely the most vile & despicable form of self expression the world has ever seen. To me It's simply a reflection on the proliferation of the various demented and confused mental states that exist in our modern times. It's actually a very sad state of affairs. Most writers of hip hop typically have nothing coherent to say whatsoever, their lyrics are a disjointed mismatch of unintelligible "excrement" These poor young men and women are desperately crying our for the attention they were taught they deserved. We are seeing the results of total confusion induced by a childhood of mental abuse and neglect by society and the mass media. In the future the hip hop of these times with be views as "other" experimental and irrelevant to the broader history of what can be considered good music and more of a handy tool for the analysis of mental illness in the early century.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

10. Blorg

Blorg Producer

:wink:

11. black.afrika.zulu.x

Even musicians that sing about love and other elevated topics are total reprobates in their private lives! Absolutely dedicated to hedonism!

12. black.afrika.zulu.x

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...hunting-of-billie-holiday-114298#.VL7sty7F-XR

13. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

14. willynucka

willynucka Ultrasonic

The softest generation - raised never knowing a world where immediate access to anything didn't exist, spending more time on phones and computers than outside. Simple as that. Internet personas come to life and no young people smart enough to realize it's fake, contrived bullshit.

These kids can't even do drugs right. They get addicted and die from mommy and daddy's bathroom cabinet.

Also, rap is the new disco. I just saw Kelly Clarkson singing on a trap beat. Corny white kids with face tats who've never been in a fight in their lives have put the final nails in the coffin.

Joyner Lucas is dope tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

You said it man the middle class spoiled brat mentality definitely put the nails in the coffin of an already dead and bloated genre.

Folks Hip Hop is long Dead. It's time to name this shit for what it truly is. Total fuckin' garbage.

16. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

Lovers of true hip hop should despise the likes of eminem, he took the genre and made a mockery of it. Then his success inspired a generation of wannabe white rappers who hold eminem as their gold standard. Take this piece of trash for example. There next to zero artistic merit in this creation.

As I said before we are awash, my friends, with pure excrement.

17. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

There 's no need for this foul language, not this kind of ready made phrases that lost their sense as they've been used so often.

18. black.afrika.zulu.x

19. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Yes I know her story and I agree, this is more than upsetting, it's unacceptable.
    We can imagine that we know about her case because she was the extraordinary singer she was, but how much more had to suffer this kind of denigration? We will never know.
    And I hope that this would not happen today.

20. foster911

foster911 Guest

She is full of fun of doing that for the first time and it's sufficient for me. Frankly, I've fallen in love with her at the first sight so don't look at her like a hot babe if you don't want Pink Panther's brand to be engraved on the forbidden parts your body by my claws. They've been retracted till now and I think it's time to use them.:hug: